Author Topic: Rohrbaugh WebSite  (Read 9457 times)

Offline dano

• Expert
Rohrbaugh WebSite
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:42:34 PM »
Why does the Rohrbaugh WebSite not show pictures of all of their products? It would be a great help to "newbs" like me if they actually had the pictures for each model. Please correct me if I am wrong: The website states that "• This handgun is available without (R9) or with (R9s) sights". It appears to me that all of the pictures on the website are for the R9s (with sights). I spent an hour or so yesterday trying to find a picture of the R9 (without sights). I did find the picture but it would have been much easier to just see it on the production page.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh WebSite
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:09:40 PM »
I can't speak for Rohrbough, but my guess is, not too many folks want an R9 without sights so Rohrbaugh just mentions, you can get one should you want it that way.  I do own an early, early R9 without sights but still thinking I'm one of a few.  I also own an early R9 with sights.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »
Thanks for the info. I just found it odd that they offered a model and had no pictures of it on the website.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »
dano,
   What I read in the archives was when the Rohrbaugh first came out they were sightless like the Seecamp, but at the request of the masses they came out with the sighted model.  :D

John
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:37:34 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:46:13 AM »
John;

I am certainly glad that they came out with the sighted model. Even though the sites are not much bigger than the ones on the Kel-Tec, anything is better than nothing. I think that the R9s will work just fine. When I acquire one I will have to put my version of the "redneck night sights" on it. :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
dano.  Should you need help in getting an R9, contact Tom Watson of the Irish Guard Firearms, a member here on the Forum (Banner at top of page). He'll be glad to help; send him a PM.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:46:33 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »
Thanks for the info, Mr. Trains!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:32:58 PM by dano »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »
"Mr.Trains"

I like that.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »
Me, too!    :)  However, Mr. was my Dad!    :)  

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:56:08 PM by kjtrains »

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »
[glb][size=18]LOL  ;D[/size][/glb]

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 08:40:20 PM »
My very first R-Nine had sights, man before I ordered it I agonized over whether or not I needed sights on this pistol.
After having the R-9 for a short time I decided I did not need the sights, but kept the pistol from 2005 until last year.

Below is my latest R-Nine. Before and after the Carbon Fiber Grips.

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics of the "naked" R9, that is a very nice looking specimen. I can identify with the agonizing over whether or not the sights on this pistol are needed. I have pretty much decided on the R9s with sights, I figure it is better to have them and not need them ...... for my use.

BTW: I like the grips, who makes them?

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »
They are the Carbon Fiber grips that came from the factory on the early R9s. For a set today you will spend around $300.
  I will have some Carbon Fiber grips available in the near future, we are working on them now.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »
Cool.  I am learning something everyday. I  knew that the original R9's came with a blueish carbon fiber grip, but I did not know they came out with a blackish carbon fiber grip. The info is always good to know, keep it coming John.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »
From what I have read the Blue CFs were the earliest then the Black, but the factory wasn't real consistent with everything so there may have been some more Blues put on after the Blacks started. Heck there may be a few pair still hiding at the factory some place. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson