Author Topic: Farmie on GB - anyone here get it?  (Read 1720 times)

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
Farmie on GB - anyone here get it?
« on: January 06, 2013, 08:46:51 PM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323980057

"Practically brand new Rohrbaugh R9 9mm. Only 40 rounds have been through it! Perfect condition. Bought by my law enforcement girlfriend as an off-duty weapon but it's too powerful to shoot for her wrist. She paid $1500 for it new. Comes with case. Great pocket gun. Small and powerful. Call with questions..
Gun does come with original case, 2 mags, lock and instruction book. Everything is in immaculate condition!"

Apparently it was R284 and said R9s on the slide...  Photo wasn't very good, so couldn't see if the grips were the original CF and which color...

Sold for $1180.  Always nice to see the Farmies holding their value to a certain extent.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Farmie on GB - anyone here get it?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 08:57:52 PM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323980057

Sold for $1180.  Always nice to see the Farmies holding their value to a certain extent.

My "Farmie," which I have owned and carried daily for the past soon-to-be 9 years, has to me increased in value such that it is my firm intention, being of Norwegian extraction on the "sire side," to take it with me to Valhalla.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 09:21:42 PM »
Farmies are the beginning of the Pup lineage!! 8)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »
Wasn't me. Would take a brave man to buy a gun based on that pic.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:07:21 PM by BlueC2 »
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 09:41:50 PM »
Wasn't me. Would take a brave man to buy a gun based on that pic.

I hear ya...when I asked additional info/photos the seller stated

" I had a hard time with the photos.. they came out distorted. I can assure you that the gun is in IMMACULATE condition! There's not a mark on it. She keeps it wrapped in a cloth in the safe. "

So I guess someone took his word for it.  It was also in this same email exchange with him that I found out the slide said R9S on it and also the serial number.

I believe R283 just changed hands late last year (which ended up being a "Deerdale").  Doubt that owner picked up this gun, R284, but if they did that would be neat...to have sequentials.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:50:06 PM by wildmanwill »

Offline Faawrenchbndr

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »
Didn't get that one,.....I got your's! 
Thanks again for the super smooth deal!  8)

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 06:42:20 PM »
The other pups here will miss it, though this one never got to go out and play, so perhaps it'll be happier at your place!  Thanks again!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »
The other pups here will miss it, though this one never got to go out and play, so perhaps it'll be happier at your place!  Thanks again!

Since Rohrbaugh, due to Hurricane Sandy, will not be at SHOT 2013 this year, I am posting a bit more than usual to the Forum. So, for anyone interested, here is a Farmingdale that has been able to "go out and play" a lot over the past 8-1/2 years -- dressed in a variety of grips and holsters. It has yet to display any vices.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"