Author Topic: Update on Rohrbaugh -- New Information  (Read 44092 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Update on Rohrbaugh -- New Information
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2014, 02:44:31 PM »
I think the least the company could have done was to set an email auto responder stating that for the time being, nothing would be happening sales or service-wise with Rohrbaugh.  Or, put up a banner on their website stating the same.  Seems like basic common sense and courtesy, and should not negatively affect the sale or moving of the company.....just my two cents.

So long as we understand "the company" means the new ownership of Rohrbaugh Firearms -- I agree they should have done something by now.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 01:00:15 PM »
Nope.  I currently have 4 Pups in my dog pound.  My faulty one is a new Stealth with a trigger that only pulls the hammer all the way back about once in every three attempts.  Maria thought it was burrs on the trigger bar that needed to be replaced.  I overnighted the gun to them, only to have it refused twice and then returned to me.  I'm out the overnight shipping costs and the insurance totaling about $122.00

Several voicemails and emails have been left unanswered, which as a self-employed business owner baffles and infuriates me.  I have a Covet, a Stealth, and a two tone that all work fine, but I'm in desperate need of recoil springs, which another forum member was kind enough to take care of for me as he had one to spare.

I'm going to stick with only black Pups as they are meaner looking and are less visible if I bend over or have a looser fitting pair of pants with a larger front pocket opening.

I will also add that I have found the Federal Premium 124gr HST to be flawless in ALL four of my R9s.  Out of short barrel guns, they also tested better ballistically than the 124gr standard pressure Speer Gold Dots per a very thorough and informative YouTube ammo test conducted using a different short barrel semi auto 9mm.

I think the least the company could have done was to set an email auto responder stating that for the time being, nothing would be happening sales or service-wise with Rohrbaugh.  Or, put up a banner on their website stating the same.  Seems like basic common sense and courtesy, and should not negatively affect the sale or moving of the company.....just my two cents.

I'm in pretty much the exact same situation.  Though I don't have any other Rohrbaugh Products. I also just ordered some HST 124gr last night with hopes that will solve the problem.  It looks like a better round than Gold Dot in 124gr.

The facts of the current situation speak louder than anything else.  We are approaching 30 days of "not operational" status at the company.  It appears they are stonewalling everyone but DDGator and have left their customer base of 7,000 hanging out to dry(no springs, service, parts or anything). 

Maybe there is some type of sale being worked out.  Who knows at this point.  It's likely only a design sale and could follow as other small boutique brands like AMT.  Someone will pick up the pieces they want and pump out a few for a while.  Clearly nobody is making Rohrbaugh Firearms enough of a priority to even answer the phone for a month.  If only the design is purchased at a liquidation sale is the new company liable for warranty claims on the existing pistols?

That's just my opinion and I don't have any formal information to support any other opinions of the situation.  I've received no formal contact or responses regarding my defective pistol and warranty claim. For whatever the reason the company has essentially vanished. 

I'm not trying to attack anyone or insult loyal followers of the company.   I'm just trying to be realistic and not seeing this through rose colored glasses. 

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 01:38:56 PM »

That's just my opinion and I don't have any formal information to support any other opinions of the situation. 

Yep. 

Actually, you have at least some information, you just don't seem to believe it.  The Rohrbaughs were permitted to say the company has been sold.  The company, not the designs for the pistol.  The company has been sold, and the factory is being reloacted to Pineville, NC.   

Again, I am not sure who the "they" you mention is supposed to refer to at this point.  Perhaps you are referring to the new owners of Rohrbaugh Firearms, whoever that may be.  If so, fine.  I will just say one more time that the Rohrbaugh brothers cannot currently comment on any details of the sale beyond what has already been said.  They are honoring a serious contractual obligation, not "stonewalling."

Furthermore, let me be clear that I do not have any non-public information.  I have relayed the public information, and I have applied some life and business experience to make some educated guesses about what a purchaser who is "an existing firearms manufacturer" would likely do.

I understand you say you are not trying to attack anyone, but your comments continually imply that the Rohrbuagh brothers are letting you down, and that the public information I have relayed about the sale is false.  I don't expect you to be happy about this situation, but I will not allow those types of comments to go answered.  If you want to talk about how irresponsible you think the un-named purchaser is -- have at it.  I have no knowledge of who that is or why they are non-responsive.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:44:34 PM by DDGator »
Duane (DDGator)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2014, 01:47:31 PM »
Everyone is thinking it, why not say it.  The Company or, whats left of the Company, is probably in the hands of the Bank or Creditor or Creditors and they want no part of the ownership.

They then deal with potential  buyers who try to get the most for the least amount of money, while taking on the least amount of liability.  It's Lawyers and Accountants talking, and it is not a fast process.  Who know when or if everything works out with potential buyers.  It  would be completely out of the Rohrbaugh's hands and that certainly appears to be what is transpiring.

From comments made by other firearm designers about the R9, if a large company would take over the design would probably under go major design changes for liability reasons.

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2014, 02:16:59 PM »

That's just my opinion and I don't have any formal information to support any other opinions of the situation. 

Yep. 

Actually, you have at least some information, you just don't seem to believe it.  The Rohrbaughs were permitted to say the company has been sold.  The company, not the designs for the pistol.  The company has been sold, and the factory is being reloacted to Pineville, NC.   

Again, I am not sure who the "they" you mention is supposed to refer to at this point.  Perhaps you are referring to the new owners of Rohrbaugh Firearms, whoever that may be.  If so, fine.  I will just say one more time that the Rohrbaugh brothers cannot currently comment on any details of the sale beyond what has already been said.  They are honoring a serious contractual obligation, not "stonewalling."

Furthermore, let me be clear that I do not have any non-public information.  I have relayed the public information, and I have applied some life and business experience to make some educated guesses about what a purchaser who is "an existing firearms manufacturer" would likely do.

I understand you say you are not trying to attack anyone, but your comments continually imply that the Rohrbuagh brothers are letting you down, and that the public information I have relayed about the sale is false.  I don't expect you to be happy about this situation, but I will not allow those types of comments to go answered.  If you want to talk about how irresponsible you think the un-named purchaser is -- have at it.  I have no knowledge of who that is or why they are non-responsive.

Are you certain the controlling parties "Rohrbaugh brothers" have signed a legally binding contract and have already SOLD Rohrbaugh Firearms to Company X?  What is the source for your public information?

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2014, 03:01:51 PM »
MRC,

The sale was from existing ownership to an existing firearms manufacturer -- no bank or creditors involved.  It was a voluntary sale, not a forced sale.  However, your point that any deal like this involves a lot of lawyers and manuevering, and is not a fast process, is still true.

Bobsmith,

My information comes direct from Eric Rohrbaugh, pursuant to a limited statement of information he was permitted to release publicly.  The sale is a signed and done deal, and part of the deal is that Karl and Eric are very limited in what they can say about the transaction.  They don't have any control over the details or schedule of the transition at this point. 

As said previously, the factory is being relocated.  The relocation is in progress.  At some point, business will resume in Pineville, NC, and parts and warranty service will be available.  I should know as soon as things are up and running and I will certainly let the forum know.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:04:42 PM by DDGator »
Duane (DDGator)

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2014, 03:15:14 PM »
MRC,

The sale was from existing ownership to an existing firearms manufacturer -- no bank or creditors involved.  It was a voluntary sale, not a forced sale.  However, your point that any deal like this involves a lot of lawyers and manuevering, and is not a fast process, is still true.

Bobsmith,

My information comes direct from Eric Rohrbaugh, pursuant to a limited statement of information he was permitted to release publicly.  The sale is a signed and done deal, and part of the deal is that Karl and Eric are very limited in what they can say about the transaction.  They don't have any control over the details or schedule of the transition at this point. 

As said previously, the factory is being relocated.  The relocation is in progress.  At some point, business will resume in Pineville, NC, and parts and warranty service will be available.  I should know as soon as things are up and running and I will certainly let the forum know.

That's good news and I hope it all plays out in time.  I'm amazed ( yet NOT questioning your integrity) that they didn't send out this "Public Information" to customers in some form.  It seems like business 101 to issue a press release of some sort so that your customers are not just sitting here in the dark. 

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2014, 03:23:36 PM »

That's good news and I hope it all plays out in time.  I'm amazed ( yet NOT questioning your integrity) that they didn't send out this "Public Information" to customers in some form.  It seems like business 101 to issue a press release of some sort so that your customers are not just sitting here in the dark.

Karl and Eric didn't have the option to send out a press release.  They were given information to respond to inquiries for a limited time while the phones were still being answered in New York.  I made an inquiry and received the information.  Luckily, I have a means to share that info.

I am confident that this will all be resolved in time -- there is just no way to know exactly when at this point.  Hopefully the purchaser will make this a priority and we can get past this transition stage.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2014, 03:51:58 PM »
Hopefully the purchaser will make this a priority and we can get past this transition stage.

Yes, I am looking forward to the forum being back to normal, like the old days...

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »

New ownership will likely give us all kinds of things to talk about.    ;)
Duane (DDGator)

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »

New ownership will likely give us all kinds of things to talk about.    ;)

You should be the one buying the company.   ;)

A guy can barely find an R9 statement made on the internet without a DDgator response.

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »

From comments made by other firearm designers about the R9, if a large company would take over the design would probably under go major design changes for liability reasons.

Wow--this is news to me!   Can you share their comments?

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2014, 07:02:39 PM »
Hello All,

I've sat quiet and still do not add to this discussion because it seems that there is no new information at this point in time.  DDGator has provided more information that available from any other source at this point so I wanted to say "Thank you" for sharing what you know and when you learn more I'm sure you will share it here with us.

I came to this forum prior to owning a Tribute and viewed comments from some of the long term contributors which calmed my fears
of buying such an expensive gun without ever seeing one in person.  My Tribute is a great little gun that eats everything so I've very pleased and when I've had questions the members have been helpful and supportive.  I have found invaluable advise on this forum and I hope this forum returns to the way it was when I first had the pleasure of "meeting" the fine people here.

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2014, 07:09:40 PM »

Wow--this is news to me!   Can you share their comments?

I suspect this refers to the classless (and factually incorrect) remarks made around the internet by the designer of another eponymous new small 9mm pistol.

I may be mistaken, but I doubt it.

Offline prairiedigital

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2014, 09:32:01 PM »
Thank you Duane for your updates. They are appreciated.