Author Topic: Update on Rohrbaugh -- New Information  (Read 44131 times)

Offline CaptBW

• Master
Re: Update on Rohrbaugh -- New Information
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2014, 07:45:11 AM »
+1!
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2014, 10:43:54 AM »
I have a wife in the CCU unit of a hospital, where she has been for the past several days and will be for several more, or I would be in the mix of all this trying to support you in responding to some of these ridiculous posts about the sale.  I've rarely seen as much self-indulgent, uninformed, navel gazing, lint plucking, pontification, and general BP&M as that with which you have been having to deal lately. 

A few of these people simply need to get off their keyboards and find something meaningful to do with their time.   

Keep up the good work my friend -- and as we used to say in the Army, ". . . all but nine . . . ."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Magrred

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »

A guy can barely find an R9 statement made on the internet without a DDgator response.

Or Yours!!!!!!

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2014, 12:47:40 PM »
What are you talking about?  I just became an owner a few months ago. 

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2014, 02:52:20 PM »
I have a wife in the CCU unit of a hospital, where she has been for the past several days and will be for several more, or I would be in the mix of all this trying to support you in responding to some of these ridiculous posts about the sale.  I've rarely seen as much self-indulgent, uninformed, navel gazing, lint plucking, pontification, and general BP&M as that with which you have been having to deal lately. 

A few of these people simply need to get off their keyboards and find something meaningful to do with their time.   

Keep up the good work my friend -- and as we used to say in the Army, ". . . all but nine . . . ."

Thank you SOOOO much for putting into better words than I can EXACTLY what has been on my mind, Richard.
Not that they want it, but I feel great sympathy and compassion for the Rohrbaugh Family.  Most will never know what it's like to be "ALL IN" every minute of every day in the world of self employment and entrepreneurial endeavor.  Responsible for EVERYTHING....your fault...my fault ...nobody's fault....the planets' fault...makes no difference.  Many say it's necessary to be money hungry or stupid to permit yourself to be put in that position.  That's wrong....It's PASSION and love of the "ART" that drives those people.  If they wanted just financial reward, there's much easier ways than having your name on a high quality product.
Back off...give things a chance to work out over time...3-9 months.   Have faith in these guys...they've earned it over the years, even if some weren't here to witness all the built up goodwill...it's still there.  If you can't be mature enough to see the other side...maybe you overreached in the first place.  Sorry for your timing.   Next.....

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2014, 04:44:05 PM »
Well this is the "Water Cooler" section of the forum.  If you don't want to jaw a little around the water cooler there are other threads up a few inches.  I didn't know it was so absurd of a concept to question information found on an internet forum and I've never played the part of a sycophant very well.

Hedrok:  I've been self employed for 15 years and know better than you might guess at what it's like to keep things going. Sorry you had such a hard time with it. 

Richard: I'm sorry to hear about your wife I hope you get her home soon.  Thank you for your service ( In Vietnam I'm assuming) and welcome home soldier.  I'm going to ignore your other comments out of respect for an elder veteran.     

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2014, 05:25:25 PM »
Since you've been self-employed for 15 years, Bobsmith...then you know exactly what I meant by what I said.  How about the next hurricane drops in to pay you a visit and we'll see how fast you get your act back together and functioning again.  Or maybe you're just a computer, Droid and a desk and can set up shop anywhere.  It takes a bit more for a precision manufacturing plant.

I  neither need nor want your sympathy...for ANY of my self employment history over the last 40 + years...success or failures.

All of the above is not what this discussion is about.  The conversation is really about holding off with the bitching and moaning until the Brothers R can get the terms of their contract fulfilled...whatever they may be...and the service dept. back open again.
Have a little trust.  Your issues will be taken care of in due time.  They've handled EVERY issue before and there's nothing to say that will change going forward.

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2014, 05:50:57 PM »

All of the above is not what this discussion is about.  The conversation is really about holding off with the bitching and moaning until the Brothers R can get the terms of their contract fulfilled...whatever they may be...and the service dept. back open again.
Have a little trust.  Your issues will be taken care of in due time.  They've handled EVERY issue before and there's nothing to say that will change going forward.

Got it.. I'll sit tight for 6 to 9 months while the guys who didn't get R9 lemons tell me to quit bitching and moaning about my $1200 lemon.  Seems like most of the bitching today is directed at anyone who dares question what's going on. It's not like I'm calling the R brothers or any members here self-indulgent, uninformed, navel gazing, lint pluckers for what they did to everyone.

Sorry I didn't drink the cool-aid.

Next...................

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2014, 07:45:29 PM »

It's all Bush's fault.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2014, 09:13:13 PM »
Seems like most of the bitching today is directed at anyone who dares question what's going on.

Sorry, it's not the questions -- it's your attitude.  And your refusal to accept reasonable answers to your questions.   

You come in here and insult people many of us really respect.  You say things like "drinking the cool aid" and how you hate your pistol and wasted your money.  You repeatedly question the things I have told you without even a hint of being polite about it.

You are in an enthusiasts forum.  We have tried to help you.  There is not much you can do at this point but wait and see what happens.  If you want a bunch of people to commiserate with your problems, try Glocktalk.   I think your constant complaining is starting to wear thin around here.  You may have very right to be angry, but that doesn't mean the people here want to be subjected to it.

I'm sorry to be so blunt -- but I'm not sure what else to say or do at this point.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2014, 09:19:51 PM »
Years ago, there were some issues with fail to feed...fail to extract...stove pipes and ya know...in almost every instance it was because the person yankin' on the trigger was in such a big hurry to fire the gun again that they didn't follow through properly.  They were "limp" in multiple ways...mostly the cryin' about how the gun was at fault.
I bought a few of those guns at substantial discounts.  Ya know what was wrong...nothing.  The previous owner did not have the intestinal fortitude to stay on target until the shot was finished. 
I know there have been valid issues...but I would imagine there was a REAL problem with only about 1 in 8 to 10 that were sent back.

As you also might know from self employment, Bob...when things go wrong, first look to thyself for the reason why.

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2014, 09:57:32 PM »
Hey.. No hard feelings guys.  I guess it's just not meant to be. 

I'll post it for sale with the disclaimer that someone with bigger testicles should be able to get lots of use out of it.  I've been dealing with this since I purchased it a few months ago and I'm not patient enough to wait the estimated 6-9 months for them to get up and running.  I didn't know it required such a specific grip and ammo in order to function properly.  I guess I should have researched the product more before I made the purchase.

I take responsibility for this fact and will learn from it. 

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2014, 10:22:56 PM »

I'm not sure who estimated 6 to 9 months... no official source.  However, at this point it could be that long -- no way to tell for sure.  With all this water under the bridge, selling the gun seems like a good idea.   If it were me, I would put it in the gun safe for a while, send it back for warranty service when available, then sell it with a clear conscience and move on and never look back.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »

I'm not sure who estimated 6 to 9 months... no official source.  However, at this point it could be that long -- no way to tell for sure.  With all this water under the bridge, selling the gun seems like a good idea.   If it were me, I would put it in the gun safe for a while, send it back for warranty service when available, then sell it with a clear conscience and move on and never look back.

I thought I read that in a post you put up.  I'm not sure though, but didn't you say something like "hope to be cutting metal in ..."

I was looking for something I could carry now, not a year after I purchased it.  I guess you can tell I've got a bad taste in my mouth by now and apologize for ranting on the forum. It's just been the most frustrating consumer experiences I've ever had and it was going on for a few months before I got here.

I get that nobody wants to hear about it though.  It's my problem, I'll figure out how to deal with it.     

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2014, 10:38:09 PM »

Well, "cutting metal" refers to the production of frames and slides.  That was an educated guess, of course.  However, warranty service would presumably be up long before that, depending upon what type of work is required.
Duane (DDGator)