Author Topic: Update on Rohrbaugh -- New Information  (Read 43845 times)

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
Re: Update on Rohrbaugh -- New Information
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2014, 10:59:48 PM »

Well, "cutting metal" refers to the production of frames and slides.  That was an educated guess, of course.  However, warranty service would presumably be up long before that, depending upon what type of work is required.

Ok.. I'll post an acceptable ad disclosing the experiences I've had and check back in a few weeks.  Send me a PM if you hear anything.

Offline rcm11

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2014, 01:03:25 PM »
I love, love, love my R9s.  Had 4 of them, now have 3.  I carry one in my front pocket on a daily basis and cannot imagine carrying any other pistol.  I do enjoy going to the range with ALL of them, and I wear a baseball batting glove to save the wear and tear and my hand, but unfortunately it cannot save the wear on my recoil springs.  I recently decided the smart thing to do was to use the spring with the least number of rounds through it in my Stealth that I carry.  BUT....with a finite number of rounds available with the spring, what am I (and all of you) to do about getting replacements?  Wolff doesn't make them and I've scoured the internet with no luck trying to find options for getting a new spring. 

Does anyone know what it would take time-wise AND cost-wise to have a lot of 500 or 1,000 made for a large group buy from a new manufacturer?  I'd imagine the prices per piece wouldn't get us to the $4.95 figure offered through Rohrbaugh, but it is what it is, and I'd pay a premium for a spring if it keeps me going until whenever the new company ramps up production again.

Anybody have any ideas or thoughts regarding us being able to replace our recoil springs?
Rohrbaugh R9 Special Forces
Kimber Super Carry Ultra
Wilson Combat Ultralight Carry Compact

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2014, 01:24:21 PM »

I would say it is way too early to panic.  I would stop shooting the gun for now and wait for parts supply to come back on line under the new owner.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Hawaiianhuman

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2014, 12:02:19 AM »
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum although I've owned my R9 for about 5 years. I just wanted to share with you my recent experience with dealing with Rohrbaugh Firearms. About a month ago I mailed some defective magazines back to them as suggested by Maria. I waited and did not hear from them so like many of you I left a voicemail on their phone and anxiously waited for a reply. Apparently what had happened was that they mailed the magazines back to my old address in their record book and it was returned to them weeks later.

To make a long story short, last week Monday I received a personal call from Eric Rohrbaugh who explained to me what had happened with my mags. What a gentleman he was!   He also briefly explained to me about how they are busy moving and that exciting things are ahead for them and the company.  He expressed sorrow about not being able to disclose the details of this transaction with the customers, and was upset about angering some of you. He was genuinely concerned and told me that it was "killing him" because under the contract agreement with the new company that bought them out he could not go into details.

I told him that I understood and that I was honored to speak with him personally and that I am also excited for them and the company. I told him how impressed I was with the little jewel that they designed. He thanked me for understanding and a couple days later I received my replacement magazines, free of charge as promised.

Just want to add to what the moderator has been saying all along and share with you all my recent experience.  I can't wait to see what's ahead for Rohrbaugh!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:18:59 PM by Hawaiianhuman »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2014, 08:41:51 AM »
Thank you for your post Hawaiianhuman.  Your experience mirrors mine when I needed Eric's help.  I do think we can remain optimistic that our pistols will be supported and production, if anything, improved.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

bamboobob

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2014, 12:41:56 AM »
Hawaiian,    Wonderful first post and welcome to the forum.     Bob,

Offline Hawaiianhuman

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2014, 11:44:46 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcomes!  Aloha.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2014, 12:07:01 AM »

I have gotten a number of PM's about company status updates.  I really don't have anything to report.  I am in regular contact with Karl and Eric.  I can only say that progress is being made, and I hope to be able to pass along new information soon.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2014, 10:42:02 AM »
New information -- started a new thread.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7344.0

The new owner may be identified...

Duane (DDGator)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2014, 11:25:35 AM »
Duane (DDGator)

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2014, 09:48:34 PM »
Duane, let me say thank you for keeping everyone as informed as humanly possible. I am sorry you had to endure some of the what I would consider abuse that you had to deal with. I am glad you hung in there, hopefully you will be able to continue on running one of the best handgun websites available with some of the greatest folks around. Since I am a glass half full kind of guy I knew the issues at hand would be resolved and if Eric still has input into production of one of the finest pistols available quality will not suffer and with all the new capital for addition R&D maybe we will see some of our personal wish lists for Rohrbaugh realized. Once again thank you for being there.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2014, 10:03:40 PM »
with all the new capital for addition R&D maybe we will see some of our personal wish lists for Rohrbaugh realized.

Yes, I hope so too.  Lots of interesting possibilities.  It should be an interesting next couple of years.

Thanks for your kind words.

Duane (DDGator)