Author Topic: Seecamps??  (Read 29891 times)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: Seecamps??
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2004, 08:17:53 PM »
Larry Seecamp will respond to a fax.  I should look in the Seecamp manual,  it should tell a person how to comunicate.. But I agree, with you , he is hard to reach, through normal means.
RJ=

Offline saltydog452

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 01:12:53 PM »
RJ,

That was several years ago.  I can't really blame the Seacamp family too much for ignoring the calls or the letter.  (Did I mention that I enclosed a stamped, self-addressed letter for return correspondence?).

Their plant was running ay max capacity and had practially a guaranteed sale of everything they could ship.

I guess a situtation  like that could make any manufacturer just a little non-responsive to customer service.

I'm glad that same attitude isn't shared by Sandy and the folks at naa.

I appreciated your reply.  

Thanx,
salty.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2004, 09:25:44 PM »
The Seecamp company is still in business.
I feel they are still of high quality, and performance.
I have several LWS-32s, and a LWS-380.
I carry one with me everywhere, and every day. I have qualified with them whenever I needed to, and they have never let me down.
Here is a picture of my LWS-380. For you guys that ordered one, you will be happy when you recieve it.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2004, 06:08:19 PM »
I have sold and carried Seecamps for as long as Larry has been making them. At first extra mags were next to impossible to get because when they had a mag ready they had a gun to ship. .32acp mags are easy to get now. LARRY HAS ALWAYS  HAD PROBLEMS KEEPING EMPLOYEES since they get bored and can make as much money on welfare as they can working. The .32acp is a great little pistol and can be shipped fairly soon at a good price, about $450 MSRP.  The .380acp is also nice and is the same size only thicker. The .380 is very low production because Larry is the only person in the shop at this time. He is also going to move to a larger location. The .380 sells for MSRP of $850. I think he dropped the ball with the .380 in taking so long to get them ready and ship. They don't answer the phone because it takes them away from making guns and getting them shipped. I can always get a hold of them by phone any time. If any of you need to get them by phone let me know as I will be happy to help.  The R9S is easier to hold and shoot and is 9mm! Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline ketap

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2005, 09:32:20 PM »
I curently own a .32 LWS, fine gun, but the Rohrbaug is my new choice. Recently heard new style Silvertips are causing jams in the 32 seecamps, any suggestions on proper ammo for my Seecamp???

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2005, 09:51:01 PM »
Hello y'all,   I have sold and shot Seecamps since Larry first started making guns. The .32 is a good little pocket pistol, it always works. Of all the 100's of .32 I have sold only 2 were sent back to get running. Both guns were sent back without mags and Larry worked on them and shipped them back in good shape quickly with mags! Being a very small shop, they could not answer the phone all day and get anything done. I have been able to talk with them anytime I want. I've gotten in 2 in .380 and sold them right away. I'm currently waiting for another order. The .380 is the same size as the .32 only thicker. The .32 is about $450 and the .380 is about $800 to $850. I still feel the 9mm is a better way to go-enter the R9S.   Tom

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2005, 10:10:19 PM »
Larry Seecamp  is a valued friend of mine, he is   a small manufactor with a world wide reputation.  I don't blame he for being hard to reach by phone,  believe me, that is a pain in the  you know where  !
RJ=

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »
I have never spoken to Larry Seecamp. Years ago, I spoke to his father because of a DA conversion unit that he designed for the 1911.

I own 3 Seecamps. I have had nothing but good luck with them. The only problem that I have ever heard about (more than once) was that the 32's firing pin would break on some people.

Teddy Jacobson, a Texas gunsmith, who I respect, claims that the internal workings of the gun are machined not nearly as fine as the external finish would suggest.

I intend to buy a Seecamp 380 one day. Last I heard is that they are being produced at a rate of 12 a week. I have only seen one Seecamp 380. And that is the gun carried by Mickey Yurco, a custom knifemaker who has gotten me hooked on small custom blades.

To my eye, the 380 looks identical to the LWS 32, except for the barrel that has a "larger hole."

I carried Seecamps for years. Now I carry NAA Guardians. (And the Rohrbaugh of course.)

Offline Jeff_OTMG

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 10:41:45 PM »
Chameleon, THAT IS THE BIGGEST SEECAMP THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!   ;D

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2005, 01:57:05 PM »
GeorgeH,  I have some Seecamp .380s on order. The size is the same as the .32acp only thicker because of the size of the round. It will most likely take about 3-4 months before I get them.    Tom

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 11:29:01 AM »
What would you think of a Seecamp chambered in  .32 NAA ?[Cor-Bon =1200 fps]

I am trying to get Larry Seecamp to *think* about it...
RJ=

Offline dr16

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 11:21:48 PM »
RJ, I'd think long and hard about that combo.

The one that I had in an NA was a fierce handfull. I regularly practice with a P3AT, a PM40  and of course my R9s. The recoil of each is quite different, but the 32 NA was very sharp and quite fast.

Hard to state, not being a wordsmith, but quite different. With the light weight of the Seecamp, ouch!

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2005, 01:24:19 AM »
What would you think of a Seecamp chambered in  .32 NAA ?
Maybe this belongs in it's own topic but I never understood the value of necked down rounds. Is a .32 necked down to a .25 (the .25NAA) really better than the .32ACP? Or is a .380 necked down to a .32 (the .32NAA) better than a .380ACP? Or is a .40 necked down to a 9mm (the .357SIG) better that a .40S&W? Etc.?

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2005, 11:43:22 PM »
There hasn't been a post on this thread for awhile.  One of the major complaints is how hard it is to talk to someone at Seecamp.  Years ago I would have agreed - I remember writing and not getting a reply.

Last two work days ago I sent an email through their new website, www.seecamp.com.  The owner of three Seecamps I was looking to get one engraved and was wondering if someone at Seecamp could give me a recommedation.  

The next day Larry Seecamp himself emailed me - and has done so three more times  in two days.   He tracked down an engraver he recommended and sent me the information.  He also answered my questions on ammunition since the new Silvertips are having problems.

In addition Larry Seecamp told me how highly he thinks of our forum holster maker RJ.  
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2005, 11:51:23 PM »
Dave,

Before ordering my R9S last month, I also emailed Seecamp and got a prompt email with an order form, including an estimate of delivery time.

I had also heard stories that they were difficult to contact.

Bill