Author Topic: Kahr CW 380... IT'S BACK ALREADY!! 👍 KAHR  (Read 33876 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Kahr CW 380... IT'S BACK ALREADY!! 👍 KAHR
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2014, 08:12:17 PM »
Excellent review on .380 ammo.

Looks like I will be ordering up some hydra shocks.

Thanks MRC!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »

I watched the two segments and walked away thinking Precision One XTP HP, not Federal Hydra Shoks, which is also fine ammo.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »

I watched the two segments and walked away thinking Precision One XTP HP, not Federal Hydra Shoks, which is also fine ammo.

I agree tracker on the Precision One.  I would like to try the Lehigh, but I do not carry a 380 enough to justify it.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2014, 08:50:15 PM »
I know the precision one were the number one rated ammo, but they are not available and I've never heard of the smaller company before, so I thought the hornaday XT or hydra shoks were close seconds and easier to track down.

You are right though (as usual) Tracker.

I like that guys reviews. He is good.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2014, 09:00:36 PM »

I've never bought from 'bangitammo" but it looks to be available there:

http://www.bangitammo.com/store/#!/380-Auto/c/8660447/inview=product25455293&offset=0&sort=normal

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2014, 09:13:52 PM »

I've never bought from 'bangitammo" but it looks to be available there:

http://www.bangitammo.com/store/#!/380-Auto/c/8660447/inview=product25455293&offset=0&sort=normal

Thanks for the link. It looks like it isn't the XTP HP though. Just JHP. Precision one says they are waiting on product from Hornaday.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2014, 09:22:31 PM »

I noticed that it wasn't the XTP HP and wonder what they are waiting on from Hornady. I wouldn't normally fire anything from Hornady if it were free.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2014, 09:40:18 PM »

I noticed that it wasn't the XTP HP and wonder what they are waiting on from Hornady. I wouldn't normally fire anything from Hornady if it were free.

I think that Hornaday must provide them with the XTP bullets. He says in the end (10 minute mark) that if you aren't comfortable with the smaller precision one company he would recommend the fiocchi (sp) or the hydra shoks. I like and trust the consistency of the hydra shok, so that combined with the fact that they are available and that both my seecamp and Kahr like them I think that's my go to.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »
Oddly enough the box he shows on the video looks identical to the one on the link you sent Tracker. Hard to know if it's the same.

I probably just trust the federal hydra shok name more in the end since thousands of police have relied on them and all.

Anyway, thanks again for looking up the link Tracker.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2014, 09:52:23 PM »

I agree that one has to go with what is trusted and what works with ammo. Thanks for bringing Precision One to our attention.