Author Topic: SigSauer - What's Going On?  (Read 13290 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: SigSauer - What's Going On?
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »
Richard S:
I think you are exactly right.
Even though this is a Rohrbaugh forum (and I carry that guy every day) I will post a range report and some photos here on the new 1911, just for those who check this section.
--Bill
And PS again: I can't tell you how much a help (and a new friend) Bob Cogan has been, both with the Rohrbaugh, the SIG P226 and the with the STI 1911.
http://www.apwcogan.com/
And his office manager, Jason Selva, is terrific also.

HOOAH!   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MJSeif

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 01:20:50 AM »
I had the same experience with the p250.  For anyone looking -- they just aren't the same Sig Sauer that say, a 226 is.  The modularity is cool (especially for the price sensitive), but the quality just isn't there.  Don't get me wrong, it's fun to shoot, but it's just not what I expected from the brand.  I kept waiting and waiting for the x-change & grip mod kits to come out and nothing happened.  I must have talked to 3 reps in person and called 4 times, and kept getting the same diplomatic-speak answer.  Just not the same robust weapon and just not the same hi-service level company I used to know.  Disappointing.  That said -- SWEET DAO trigger pull - butter smooth.
Semper Fi

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2010, 12:57:34 PM »
Yes, indeed. SIGUSA keeps sending me emails offerring me -- as a "new SIG purchaser" (13 months after the fact) various special marketing offers, and asking me to call my 'personal representative.' Four calls, four left messages over a period of about a month -- left both home/work and cell phone number. No return calls.
Serious bad wacko business problems here.
On the other hand the P226 that Bob Cogan plated, ported and did trigger work on for me, is the sweetest SIG 9mm you could imagine.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
KRe: SigSauer - What's Going On?
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2010, 01:29:51 PM »
But -

Keyword here is

GUNSMITH
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 02:55:21 PM »
Agree entirely. Find a great one. Let him do every gun you buy, and preferably ask him about the purchase ahead of time. If they've been in the business for more than 20 years, they know the ins-and-outs of more guns than you'd believe, and will offer invaluable advice, not just on the purchase but also on things you'll likely want to do the to firearm after-purchase.
Treat them well, like friends with an all-important common interest, pay them on time or up-front, be open to suggestions, and if there are any problems, call them and explain and give them the opportunity to do well by you.
And if you find such a one, spread the word. Very few people are overwhelmed with work these days, and everyone has families and bills to pay.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »
I agree with you as well, according to some of my freinds I have spent a small fortune supporting gunsmiths.

Guilty as charged!

I was not criticizing you for doing so, just one of our many gunmakers for their faults.

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 03:28:49 PM »
Reinz: oh, no offense taken. I did not even perceive it as a criticism, and even if so, that doesn't matter: criticism (as apposed to unreasoned abuse) is an integral and important part in everyone's development and should be welcomed.
PS: Glad to be back here on the forum, after kind of an absence (family health issues -- all stable now).
Best forum around, IMHO.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 03:49:13 PM »
Wh - love your attitute!  Glad your back, good health to you and yours.

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »
Too bad about the sad tales of the SIG P250.  I was really hoping to pick one up after their new model teething problems were resolved.
The concept of a modular pistol family, allowing you to tailor slide length, butt length, etc., to your immediate requirements appeals to this retired mechanical engineer...
My P239 (.40 S&W) has been a gem.  Zero issues.

It seems that Sig and Ruger are going down the same road.  I haven't read any "street" reports on the new S&W "Bodyguard' series of revolvers and pistols, and I hope S&W isn't following the Ruger pattern of having the shooting public do their production validation (recalls on the SR9, LCR and LCP).  

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2010, 08:29:19 PM »
OK, Just received another sales/marketing email today from SIG:, offering a 'Labor Day Holiday discount' on their Custom Shop services. Here's what I replied:
"Yes, well after my previous one experience with your 'custom shop' who returned to me a dangerous, non-functioning P226, I've chosen to actually use a 30+ year experienced gunsmith to do all and any work on my SIGS. BTW, thanks for obsoleting and making worthless my previously-purchased SIG P250, which is no big deal, since it appears to be of dubious quality anyway.  It would be nice however, if you would stop sending me silly marketing advertisements ("Thank you for being a new SIG purchaser") 13 months after the purchase, and then giving me a person and number to call, with which I've left four messages, and never get a call back, ever. Also, your customer AND dealer lines are notorious for never being answered, and thus placing people on hold for excessive times (like, hours...)
So, your company has a great deal of problems, and don't think the community of SIG users don't know it."

OK, I was a little cranky at the time....
But all that was mentioned is true, and I would certainly BUY a SIGSAUER firearm from them (other than a P250 handgun), I would never trust them for any after-sale services or support, ever. All you get is Marketing Dept. crap and Corpspeak. And they tried to kill me with their mod on my P226 (didn't work DA at all, SA had trigger pull less than 2 lbs ' not really measurable) and yet they signed off on it as 'tested and certified'.
Never again.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 08:11:41 AM »
Bill:

I suspect that if more customers would respond to manufacturer solicitations such as you did, the quality of products produced would improve. The capitalistic marketplace works when consumers become actively involved.

And revisiting this thread gave me a chance to marvel again at that SIG P226 Bob Cogan of AP&W customized for you. What a beauty!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2010, 10:48:37 AM »
Bill.  I did go back and look at your Custom Sig P226 and must say that it did truly bring out the drool squad yet once again.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:54:09 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2010, 11:15:01 AM »
A good end to a bad experience, very nice looking Sig for sure.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson