Author Topic: First Post  (Read 6822 times)

Offline harpo302

First Post
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:04:01 PM »
Newbie here. As requested, a simple post to keep me on this very informative forum. Looking forward to purchasing my first Rohrbaugh Firearm.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: First Post
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »
harpo.  Welcome to the Forum.  Get that new Rohrbaugh and post often.  Again, welcome.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 01:34:27 PM »
Newbie here. As requested, a simple post to keep me on this very informative forum. Looking forward to purchasing my first Rohrbaugh Firearm.

harpo.  Any leads on that new Rohrbaugh?  Check with Tom of theirishguard here on the Forum.  He's a FFL and can get what you need.  Give him a PM if interested.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 02:08:58 PM »
harpo, hi and welcome to the forum, post often and enjoy.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »
harpo:

Welcome aboard! Contact the "irishguard" (Tom Watson), whose post is directly above. He is a sponsor of the Forum and can work with your local FFL to arrange the purchase.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline RossC77

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:43:50 PM »
hello everyone...this is a first time post for me.Im joining the forum to gain more knowledge about the rohrbaugh series of concealed carry firearms...they look totally cool and cant wait to own or even shoot one...BUT......I have a problem I live in California and Im sure you all know how terrible it is to own a firearm in the stupid state....Does anyone know if and when rohrbaugh firearms wiill break ground into the state....I was at a local dealer and he said he hasn't heard much about the gun.......thks hope to here from anyone soon
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave" Doc Holliday- Tombstone

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 07:27:11 AM »
Ross.  Welcome to the Forum.  Excellent place to learn about the Rohrbaugh.  Contact Tom Watson, here on the Forum.  He is an FFL and can get you what you want and can answer your questions.  Send him a PM.  

Offline Tcprof855

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 09:16:35 PM »
Hi Everyone,  

I am another new member.  I found this forum while doing my homework on Rohrbaugh's.  I just recently purchased a Seecamp from Tom Watson, The Irish Guard, and the transaction went smoothly.  I am going to pick it up next week.  With the ease of this transaction, I don't think it will be long  before I order an R9s from Tom.  

Cheers!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 09:48:21 PM »

Slainte!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 10:39:34 PM »
Hi Everyone,  

I am another new member.  I found this forum while doing my homework on Rohrbaugh's.  I just recently purchased a Seecamp from Tom Watson, The Irish Guard, and the transaction went smoothly.  I am going to pick it up next week.  With the ease of this transaction, I don't think it will be long  before I order an R9s from Tom.  

Cheers!

Tcpro.  Welcome to the Forum.  Congratulations on the Seecamp.   Get the R9 as well.  Again, welcome.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 05:45:19 AM »
Slainte!

Good health!

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »
Tcpro, Thanks very much for your business. I'm sure you'll like the Seecamp. I stand ready to serve you again on a Rohrbaugh. A big Texas welcome to the forum, you'll enjoy it here. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline alstef

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 07:17:11 PM »
I have just joined the Forum and this is my first post as requested.

I will be getting my carry permit in about 2 weeks and have been researching every possible CCW.  I have a PPK/S .380 (Interarms) that I bought new about 35 years go and it has never been fired. I bought some Buffalo Bore +P ammo and was going to make that my primary CCW.  Then I discovered the Kahr PM9 and that was going to be my primary CCW. THEN I DISCOVERED THE Rohrbaugh R9.

I read everything I could about the R9.  (Including this Forum.)  It is a leap of faith to by a $1,200 pistol when I've never firied one of even seen one in real life for that matter.  But everything I have read has convinced me this is the perfect carry pistol.  I determined my priorities as follows:

1.  Comfort and concealment - this is a piece of metal I will carry with me 24/7 for the next 30+ years.  It's small and light.

2.  Reliability - The odds are I will never have to use it, but if I do, my life could depend on this pistol working perfectly within 2 seconds of when I put my hand on it.  Cost is not an issue.  This is a life saving instrument I will have for many years.

3.  Stopping power - I want to know it will perform it's life saving mission with 1 pull of the trigger.

I believe R9 Stealth is exactly what I have been looking for.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 07:37:29 PM »

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: New Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 08:27:31 PM »
I have just joined the Forum and this is my first post as requested.

I believe R9 Stealth is exactly what I have been looking for.

alstef.  Welcome to the Forum.  Congratulations on your decision on the R9 Stealth.  If you need an FFL, give Tom Watson of the Irish Guard Firearms, who is a member here on the Forum, a PM.  He can answer your questions and get you what you want.  Again, welcome.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:18:51 AM by kjtrains »