Author Topic: Long overdue report  (Read 4162 times)

Offline OFFROADER

Long overdue report
« on: March 17, 2011, 10:06:30 AM »

As the title says this report is long overdue. I can find a hundred reasons not to type something. Well I finally Got the pup out to play and he was very well behaved. On the very first clip I had five rounds of Winchester USA 115gr FMJ. I ran the target out to seven yards thinking it seems awful close, but this is not my Kimber Eclipse. On the first shot I saw a hole appear right where I was aiming. The recoil was less than anticipated. The next four shots were all in a group that would fit on a credit card. I was extremely satisfied, and at that moment knew that the pups reputation for quality was deserved. My colt pony or P3AT never printed a group that small, and this was my first time ever with the gun. I shot most of the box of FMJ without a single hiccup. Then I loaded up some 115 gr Gold Dot hollow point, that is what will be carried for self defense. Again, nice groups and flawless performance. The clip I was using had Johns wonderful grip  extension on. When I tried the original mag the felt recoil was  much greater. I can only get one and a half fingers on the grip, but with the extension two full fingers are possible. Tighter groups and greater control and comfort make these  grip extensions a must have for me. Hope this info is useful.

Dave

Tried to post pic but was unsuccessful

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:12:19 PM by OFFROADER »

Offline dano

• Expert
Re: Long overdue report
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 10:30:39 AM »
Thanks for the range report Dave. I had pretty much the same experience, except I don't have the grip extension, yet.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 05:20:36 PM »
Great range report. :D

The finger extension works wonders. I don't carry my PUP without it!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 06:27:59 PM »
Dave.  Excellent performance from your R9, and as I've said before, as it should be.  Always good to hear.  Continue to enjoy!    :)  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »
Just found this thread....noted "Johns grip extensions".   Where can these be found/ordered?  Sounds like what I need!
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »
Here you go.
 The Black Hooked Extensions are the most popular.

[COLOR="Red"] **>>>>>BLACK STRAIGHT EXTENSIONS ARE SOLD OUT<<<<<**[/COLOR]

These are CNC machined from a solid piece of Aluminum and then Hard Anodized.

$56 for the hooked units.

$47 for the straight units.

$5 shipping charge for the total order.

[COLOR="Red"]The above prices reflect a Cash or money order discount, ALL other payment forms ADD 4%[/COLOR]

The 4% must be added to the total order including Shipping

I will take personal checks but they must clear my bank before I will ship.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SCREEN NAME WITH ALL ORDERS

Totals for hooked units not paid with a USPS money order.

(1) = $63.44
(2) = $121.68
(3) = $179.92
(4) = $238.16

Mailing address is.

John Perrin
2500 Toyes Dr.
Denton, NC  27239

Pay-pal address   yankee2500@rtmc.net

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:30:37 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum backup9.

You will not only find the grip extentions helpful but high quality precision aluminum as well.

Well worth the money.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 09:59:54 PM »
Sounds good.  Will order when next writing checks.  
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis