Author Topic: The Times are a Changin  (Read 1786 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
The Times are a Changin
« on: September 30, 2020, 10:28:20 PM »
For quite some time now, my daily carry has consisted of a Sig Sauer P938 Legion 9mm that holds 7+1, and an extra mag holding 7 in my pocket. I have always felt that if I got into a situation where I needed more than 15 bullets, then I should not have been there in the first place. I now feel differently. I am not as concerned about IWB comfort & printing. I am more concerned about having a larger and heavier less recoil 9mm that can handle more bullets if needed. I recently purchased a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS. It holds 17 +1. With an extra mag also on my belt, I now have 35 bullets. In my car, I have (2) Glock extended magazines that holds 33 bullets each. ( Gotta love Glock! ) Also in my car is a Mossberg Shockwave shotgun that holds 5+1 with a full box (100) of 00 buckshot. I live in a city where the chances of ANTIFA hitting are about the same as Hillary Clinton having a boyfriend. But, the times are a changin.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: The Times are a Changin
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 10:53:11 PM »
Lock and load!

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 10:27:24 AM »
cargaritaville that is exactly the same pistol that I purchased a couple of weeks ago.  I think we have similar thoughts on things.

Those are hard to find right now, and a bit pricey in my area.

Not sure if I will put a RDS on it, but I like the option.  Got a couple of magazine sleeves ordered so I can put G17 mags in it without having a gap.

The pistol is as easy to work on as earlier models, maybe easier as they redesigned how the trigger spring interacts with the trigger bar.  My first task was to change out the factory connector to a lighter 3.5 lb one.

Now I am searching for a holster.  Probably going to try a IWB.

I also am feeling the need for a bit more than a small single stack 9mm can offer sometimes.  While I am still carrying the Rohrbaugh every day, this one is going to supplement that. 

My 'car gun' has gone from a FAL duriing the obama years to an AR pistol these days.  Got a tennis racket case it fits into really well and doesn't scream 'GUN!!' when moving it to and fro, or inside.  It's got an SBA3 brace and an Aimpoint PRO, so it's really looks more like a SBR than what some relate to as a pistol.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:32:37 AM by MikeInTexas »

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 10:41:03 AM »
cargaritaville that is exactly the same pistol that I purchased a couple of weeks ago.  I think we have similar thoughts on things.

Those are hard to find right now, and a bit pricey in my area.

Not sure if I will put a RDS on it, but I like the option.  Got a couple of magazine sleeves ordered so I can put G17 mags in it without having a gap.

The pistol is as easy to work on as earlier models, maybe easier as they redesigned how the trigger spring interacts with the trigger bar.  My first task was to change out the factory connector to a lighter 3.5 lb one.

Now I am searching for a holster.  Probably going to try a IWB.

I also am feeling the need for a bit more than a small single stack 9mm can offer sometimes.  While I am still carrying the Rohrbaugh every day, this one is going to supplement that. 

My 'car gun' has gone from a FAL duriing the obama years to an AR pistol these days.  Got a tennis racket case it fits into really well and doesn't scream 'GUN!!' when moving it to and fro, or inside.  It's got an SBA3 brace and an Aimpoint PRO, so it's really looks more like a SBR than what some relate to as a pistol.

Which AR Pistol & what cal.? I also did the 3.5 trigger, better night sights & just ordered a Trijicon for it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:42:37 AM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 11:52:37 AM »
It's a home assembled one.

10.5 in stainless barrel in .223 Wylde (so you can use 5.56 or .223).  Spikes Tactical 'Crusader' lower.  SB Tactical SBA3 pistol brace. KAC flash can, directs the sound forward so less concussion for the shooter on that short barrel.  Magpul grip and forestock.  Double sided single point sling back plate.  Aimpoint PRO reddot optic.  NiB coated BCG.  Flip up front sight gas block, and flip up rear for back up.  Can't remember the mfg. of the extended mag release.  It all fits nicely into the $20 Wilson tennis racquet bag, along with some extra 30 and 40 round Magpul magazines loaded with Israeli green tip.

One other thing, and please don't bust my balls for this.  It has a binary trigger from Fostech. Didn't have another firearm I wanted to put it on and it's definitely a fun switch.  I've only used the binary feature at the range and mainly shoot it in normal mode when practicing.

I'm also thinking about night sights on the Glock, probably only the front.  Got one of the Otis Glock tools ordered.
I picked up a Double Diamond connector, probably try a Ghost connector next time.  Got what my local shop had.

cargaritaville are you using one of the larger backstraps?  Normally I like a bigger gun, but the small size without a strap is feeling pretty good to me.

(click picture to enlarge)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 03:43:55 PM by MikeInTexas »

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 11:57:55 AM »
Just wait until you see my next 'budget' project.  Just got to wait for Walmart to deliver the parts in two weeks.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 03:39:53 PM by MikeInTexas »