Author Topic: Assault Weapons Ban Sunset  (Read 3323 times)

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
Assault Weapons Ban Sunset
« on: August 11, 2004, 09:26:40 AM »
Clinton's ban on "assault" weapons (such bull--the Minutemen were carrying the assault rifles of their day!) is due to expire next month.  WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS, THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE AND THE SENATE MAJORITY LEADER TO VOICE YOUR OPPOSITION TO ANY EXTENSION.  Bush has indicated he would sign a bill extending this effete and stupid law, so it's up to Congress to let it expire.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
Re: Assault Weapons Ban Sunset
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 12:23:29 PM »
The above can't be over-emphasized.

I might add that while Bush isn't perfect, we are far, far better off with him in the White House than Kerry.  I have heard that the only vote Kerry showed up for this year was the one to extend the ban, and if he is elected with the wrong congress, we'll see a ban that makes the present one look like nothing.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline packin_heat

• Sultan of Swing, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 06:11:31 PM »
So thismorning on Interstate 5 here in Portland Oregon i saw a big Pink RV that said "Million Mom March" all over it. It also had big signs about "Assault Wepon Ban Is Expiring!!"  anybody know if this thing is roaming the country, or mabey it was privatly owned by a supporter? I didnt see the license plates, i was busy getting the heck away from it.
"Shop smart, shop S-Mart"
"Pphh...English, who needs that? I'm never going to England!"
"I didn't go to work today. The voices told me to stay home and clean the guns".

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 06:49:38 PM »
Also, Bush said that he'd sign the extension of the ban IF it made it to his desk.  I believe this was a tactical politcal statement...  He knows the current legislature gives it a very remote chance of making it to his desk -- especially now that the session is over.  Of course, the Dems want to call a special session to deal with the 9/11 commission recommendations.  I'm sure they'd love to bury AWB amendments into any 9/11 recommendation bill.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 06:51:44 PM by flyandscuba »
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 10:10:42 PM »
I got a letter from Sen. Biden today that he and Pres. Bush both support the ban.

Also, on Biden's site it says he has already voted to extend the ban.   >:(
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com