Miscellaneous > Classifieds -- For Buying or Selling

EARLIEST R9 for Sale

<< < (3/3)

MRC:
I read that but I am curious if they went with them by early in 2004, the timing does not seem right.

When were the first R9's shipped?  Maybe they used the black ones for the show and shipped blues until they ran out before switching to black. 

I'm curious.

ECR:
Gosh, now you're testing my memory guys. . . lol. . . wow. . .  There were 48 no-prefix R9 pistols plus a few silver framed pistols, that went out by mid-2002 or so, just after the 2002 Shot Show and into 2003. The first R9s with the R prefix upgraded frames started going out in earnest by early April of 2004. They started out with the blue CF grips but quickly went to the black. We made approximately 800 to 900 pistols per year throughout our run. We had I believe 350 sets ordered of the blue carbon fiber grips in those early days, Karl wanted them to be different, and they were at the time, but many of the last sets to be used were really not what we were wanting to put out and we scrapped a lot of them and, sadly, took the hit cost-wise. As we looked through the batch, there were many that were tough to match up together to make a nice set, so the earlier sets were the real deal. As time went forward, I had to match the blotchy ones with other blotchy ones that sort of were similar in "blotchiness". . . . lol. . . . if that makes sense to you guys. lol. Perhaps 200 to 275 nice CF blues went out that year, 2004, but by later in the year, they switched to black from then on. We didn't have the next batch of grips yet and with the difficulty of the blue kicking in, and we had to get the product out, we did the absolute best with what we had at the time and Karl and I made the decision to go with the black carbon fiber grips because they were easier for the manufacturer to make even in color, obviously. That R600 pistol may have had one of the nice set of blue carbon fiber grips on it originally, and may have been changed "out in the field" to the black ones. In a court of law, I would have to respond: " I do not remember". Sorry.   

MRC:
Thanks for the reply.

I am sure that Tom never switched the grips, I just had the time line screwed up.  You started shipping guns earlier than I thought, I did not think you started until late 2003 or 2004.

Brenden:
Nice catch on the NRA Pup Rob!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version