Miscellaneous > Classifieds -- For Buying or Selling

EARLIEST R9 for Sale

<< < (2/3) > >>

ECR:
Hello Tom,  Eric here. . . . . .

I do remember the gun, and yes, I still have the cardboard cut-out of Angelina Jolie (of Mr. & Mrs. Smith) & "her" R9. LOL

So, you are correct in the gun's provenance. I liked to make "special guns" all the time. I got bored doing the same thing day after day. You have a one off R9 from Farmingdale, NY. Obviously early in production and it looks like you pretty much didn't use it and "left it alone", i.e. Stock configuration. Good on you for doing so! Those black Carbon Fiber Grips were the first of the new batch of CF grips that we went with. The blues were tough to do and so we decided to simply go to black CF for the R9s. I can say that the paddle holster you have with the R9 doesn't look familiar at all. The gun, except for some scuffs on the slide, looks great for the age.

Pricing for a one-off R9 is spot on in my view. Good Luck with your sale Tom.

Regards,

Eric R.

MRC:
Eric

While you're giving out history lessons, I purchased the "NRA Gun" from Tom.  What is the story on it?

I have volunteered for the local Friends of NRA Committee here for 17 years.  Eleven of those years I was Chairman, Treasurer, or Ticket Chairman and sometimes several at the same time.

ECR:
Nice buy Rob. Really, the only thing I can remember about that particular NRA gun is the special serial number. It was a stock R9s, of which I grabbed the best-looking parts and frame I could find, engraved the s.n., had it anodized that "funky purple" color and assembled it with the utmost care, as we did with all of the pistols. Nothing else to say about it. We displayed it at the 2004 NRA show and we had quite the buzz going on at our booth. There was no "downtime" there for sure! The was an actual NRA R9S we did that had NRA engraved on the grip panels by Patrick Hogue of Hogue Grips. The rest of the gun was another top pick of parts and assembled, test-fired and that was it. Both versions of The NRA guns were nice examples of our pistol. Fun to do during fun times for us.

Eric R.

MRC:

That is about what I figured on the gun.

Are the black CF grips original or did it come with blue?  Time wise it seems to me that when the 2004 Show was held you still would have been using the blue CF's.

PhilZ:

--- Quote from: MRC on March 24, 2020, 08:48:33 PM ---
That is about what I figured on the gun.

Are the black CF grips original or did it come with blue?  Time wise it seems to me that when the 2004 Show was held you still would have been using the blue CF's.

--- End quote ---

Eric stated above that this gun had the first of the new batch of black CF grips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version