Author Topic: Seecamp .32 for wife  (Read 4929 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: Seecamp .32 for wife
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 06:36:20 PM »
Hot casings in places that they should not be are bad!! :o

Not the same,but thats why I always wear a ball cap when shooting..I had a Glock 23 that wanted to hit me on top of the melon every once in awhile.. ;)

I got my wife a Tomcat to carry,she had had problems with slide retraction on other semi's..She never warmed up to it..

Bought a SW 642-this she carries!! 8) Even when she was in law enforcement,she was a revo person..

Not the lightest one available,but good price on this model,and shoots well..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Arizona

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 07:56:22 PM »
The glock 26, subcompact 9mm has some of the best properties for recoil sensitivity.  The heavy slide takes out the recoil but the sacrifice is the size.  If size is not the concern, I would strongly recomend having her shoot.  Stress the her shoot.  She needs to decide what works best.  The kel tec in .380 is a very good shooting pistol my wife also shoots.  I would agree that after 100 rounds, it will start to hurt the hand.  What feels good in a man's hand can feel different in the wife's hand.  My wife enjoys both and she picked out what she wanted.  Keep in mind, the smallest recomended bullet by CCW and police personal tends to be .380.  If a confontration requiring self defense of yourself or a love one is 5 yards or less, then a smaller caliber bullet may suffice.  Imagine the confrontation occuring in a supermarket and the bad guy is shooting at people and you from 15 to 20 yards, you will want a pistol that can hit them in the chest from this distance.  Things to consider why you carry a gun.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 07:58:32 PM by Arizona »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 09:19:50 PM »

As a side note, it was fairly funny. However, the slight humor that I found in that situation was repaid ten-fold by my wife in resentment towards me. Not quite worth it.

All of which comes very close to explaining "how I know."   :P
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"