Author Topic: Spam  (Read 1863 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Spam
« on: December 28, 2014, 12:48:35 PM »
Any way you can block CynthiaGind from the forum Duane?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
Re: Spam
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 03:55:27 PM »
So, we have been having quite a bit of spam activity the last 2-4 weeks. What I have been doing is visiting the particular thread/post and clicking the report to moderator and indicating spammer in my note. It then seems like Duane kindly removes all the posts and the user when he is able.  It seems to be working although it isn't preventing new users from being registered and doing the same thing. I guess maybe they have figured out how to defeat the captcha code.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:00:48 PM by wildmanwill »

Online DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Spam
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 08:23:48 PM »

Yeah, we have had more successful spammers register in the last two weeks than the year prior to that.  Hopefully the forum software will get an update to help screen this stuff further.

Reporting the post is the best thing to do, and I will get to it as soon as I can.

It is best not to reply to any of these spammy post because it makes it that much harder for me to find.

One has to wonder what value it could possibly have to post foreign language spam on our board...  I don't understand the economics of this...

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com