Author Topic: P-38 Mag floorplates  (Read 5850 times)

Offline riffraff

• Master
P-38 Mag floorplates
« on: September 15, 2006, 07:46:55 PM »
Hello All,

I ordered 6 P-38 Magazine floorplates from Numrich yesterday and got the ship conformation today.  I ordered 6 because I have 6 mags and 2 pups both of which are a bit finicky, one much more so than the other.  If the modification works then I already have the floorplates to retrofit all my mags.  If it doesn't work, oh well.  I will keep you posted.  It is going to be a while as I still don't have any of the Winchester Superclean 105gr that has been recomended for problem pups.  I am going to get that from Midway but have a few other items to order and have not got my list complete yet.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline jaycee

Re: P-38 Mag floorplates
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 08:02:22 PM »
Hello Rifraff, go get them! good luck on your project. Not letting the cat out of the bag there may be upcoming good news for you???? ;)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 10:33:50 PM »
Jay,
You just did, we just don't know what it is.

Offline jaycee

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 11:55:23 PM »
Hello Tracker-  My lips are sealed, remember those well know words "I know nothing." ;)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 12:14:09 AM »
I hear you, Jay.

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 11:53:22 AM »
Update,

Placed my order with Midway last evening.  I ordered 5 boxes of the 105gr Superclean.  They were on sale or maybe closeout and were $24.?? a box.  I hope these are the medecin for my 2 R9's as the Aquila functions perfectly but at 15yds they keyhole every time.  

jaycee,  I can't quite follow the thread.  Are you saying the Superclean's are the ticket or the floorplates are going to do the trick?  Is there something brewing at the factory about new floorplates or what?

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 12:40:58 PM »
Question for those who may know.

The Winchester 105gr Superclean appear to have a truncated cone type bullet.  Is this the reason that they have functioned well in some problum pups?  I have and have tried some Hornady hollow points with a truncated cone type design and they did not function any better than anything else.  Let me know if anyone has any more specific info.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 02:03:48 AM »
Hello Tracker-  My lips are sealed, remember those well know words "I know nothing." ;)

This kind of post happens once in a while, but still too often.  I for one find these "I know a secret - I know a secret" posts pretty annoying.  If there is something R9 owners should know about their pistols, then just tell us.  If you're not at liberty to do so them why post at all?

Offline capt.koolaid

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 02:05:11 AM »
+1!  mega dittos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TW

• Grand Master
P-38 Mag floorplates
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 01:24:54 AM »
Hello All,

I ordered 6 P-38 Magazine floorplates from Numrich yesterday and got the ship conformation today.  I ordered 6 because I have 6 mags and 2 pups both of which are a bit finicky, one much more so than the other.  If the modification works then I already have the floorplates to retrofit all my mags.  If it doesn't work, oh well.  I will keep you posted.  

>>For the second time in as many days - can someone please educate me about the value of using P-38 Mag Floorplates in the R9...?...TW<<

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 07:51:24 PM »
TW,

I don't remember where it was that you asked the question the first time but I remember reading it and I also remember someone posting a link to the info. that you requested.  Did you see that post with the link?  Anyway basically P-38 mag floorplates seem to enable the magazine to seat deeper than the factory mag floorplates and this modification completely solved one owners jam problems.  Ahh yes I remember now,  look for a thread entitled:  R9 goes to Seacamp Bootcamp.  I think you will find all the info. there.  I hope this helps.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline 19950ragtop

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 09:20:35 PM »
Do you have the part number for the Magazine Floor plate from NUMRICH?

Is it Item No. 917520?

Any additional reports on how this has eliminated feeding issues?

Thanks in advance

Offline TW

• Grand Master
P-38 Mag floorplates
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 12:27:01 AM »
TW,

I don't remember where it was that you asked the question the first time but I remember reading it and I also remember someone posting a link to the info. that you requested.  Did you see that post with the link?  Anyway basically P-38 mag floorplates seem to enable the magazine to seat deeper than the factory mag floorplates and this modification completely solved one owners jam problems.  Ahh yes I remember now,  look for a thread entitled:  R9 goes to Seacamp Bootcamp.  I think you will find all the info. there.  I hope this helps.

Mike

>>RiffRaff - thanks for the explanation of what's going on with the P-38 floor plates...TW<<