Author Topic: Cool are burger deterrent  (Read 3982 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Cool are burger deterrent
« on: April 19, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »
Just got this www.faketv.com It's a small box with 12-15 small lights that simulate, when viewed from outside the house, a TV being on. The lights reflect accurately like a real TV does. Doesn't beat dogs, alarms, double locks or good neighbors but every little bit helps.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Cool are burger deterrent
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 03:44:40 PM »
An interesting contraption Kevin.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline mikejd

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 08:01:18 AM »
Pretty interesting.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 10:43:40 AM »
I would just let a real TV on with lowered, but not off, volume. Oh. . . . Wait a minute here. . . . I got rid of my televisions about two years ago now. . . . I don't watch TV any more. . . . . . I do things now. . . . . besides, in my mind. . . . all those damn things do nowadays is stir up shit. (there, I said it) . . . . That's why I gave them away! . . . and fell much better for it. . . . . Next will be the Internet! Ha haa . . . . .
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:54:35 AM »
There are people who make things happen; and those who watch things happen; and some who say, "what happened?" It appears that you are firmly seated in the first category, Eric.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 03:19:16 PM »
There are people who make things happen; and those who watch things happen; and some who say, "what happened?" It appears that you are firmly seated in the first category, Eric.

Guess once you make the smallest, best 9mm pocket gun that will EVER be made it's tough to follow that act. It's like athletes that quit while on the top of their game. THAT is what they are known for.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »
Ha haa . . . . Only thing is the Rohrbaugh R9 is not the only thing I am known for. I had the privilege of playing original music on the stage at Radio City Music Hall in New York City back in the early 1980s. After we sold the firearms business, I went back into the arts hot and heavy and have a few things on the coals as we speak. I'm just moving on to my next venture. . . . I am not "Retired" yet!  Ha haa . . . . . and having a blast doing it!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 07:26:01 PM »
Eric, I hate to break it to you but your legacy will probably be based on the R9 as co-founder rather than the piano and Radio City Music Hall; but, those two are a most admirable combination and speaks very well of you.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 08:44:29 PM »
Yeah yeah . . . . I fully understand that tracker. . . . . but I can hope can't I!?   lol

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 10:23:10 PM »
Yeah yeah . . . . I fully understand that tracker. . . . . but I can hope can't I!?   lol

Tony Bennett was on the charts when he was 86 years young.

Willie Nelson had a hit when he was 70.

Cher had a #1 at 52.

The Zimmers charted with the lead singer being 90, and the drummer being 100.

Satchmo had a number of hits well into his 60's.

Andy Williams even had a hit in his 80's.

I am just saying, age is nothing but a number....................

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 11:02:33 PM »
But the R9 is etched in perpetuity.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 06:35:55 AM »
Actually, so is a theme for a song I wrote back in the early 1970s. A long story, which I won't go into here, but Barry Manalo's hit "Could it be Magic" was my idea, acquired by his band leader when the band I was rehearsing with in NYC prior to a tour stopped in to listen to me play during a break. I'm proud of that item too.  (Sorry for the thread hijack) Now back to the TV thing guys.