Author Topic: 6 factors in avoiding ambush  (Read 2729 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
6 factors in avoiding ambush
« on: June 05, 2017, 10:00:44 AM »
Sent to my by my eldest boy,  a federal Special Agent.  One listed incident was in Bristol VA/TN, my hometown for 37 years until I moved to Florida.

https://www.policeone.com/ambush/articles/364809006-6-common-factors-in-ambush-wins/
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: 6 factors in avoiding ambush
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »
Interesting article. London police have finally woken up too! Maybe they read this article?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 07:41:30 PM »
Am told this is standard training for large LE departments and military units.  Sadly, citizens in the UK are not even allowed to own knives of any significant length...how sad for a once great civilization.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 07:56:13 PM »
A lone wolf that has rigid anti-gun laws and very few terrorist attacks is Canada. One difference between them and England is that law enforcement in Canada is very tough and well armed. I witnessed several incidents of this in my previous travels there.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 12:09:28 PM »
Police are taught to issue speeding tickets, break up domestic fights and measure skid marks in a accident.

In the Marines I was taught, and still do these things RELIGIOUSLY:

When you walk out of your home door, restaurant door, or any door look to the left and right. Anything out of order?

When driving stay on the inside lane at stops. In a emergency you have two ways to get away, left past traffic or if that's blocked drive over the sidewalk.

Don't let ANYONE walk too close behind you even if it's in a grocery store. If you hear footsteps that means they are CLOSE. Stop, turn to them, as you act like you are checking your phone.

Sure you have a pocket, or belt gun, but what happens if attacked in a car while wearing your seatbelt? In New Orleans the ghetto rats wait till rush hour when traffic on 10 is backed up to a stop. They walk from behind with a tire iron, break the side window, a tinted window will NOT shatter and will buy you a few moments. A ankle holster with a R9 in a Bulldog #1 is a perfect fit.

There are lots more. When my brother in law comes over, he is a Sgt on a SWAT team. we exchange training tips.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one