Author Topic: R9S  (Read 3601 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
R9S
« on: November 06, 2015, 08:03:23 PM »
Did anyone see this ad on Armslist?
Do you want to own a powerful pocket gun? How about the smallest 9mm in like new condition? The Rohrbaugh 9Rs is the smallest 9mm made at 5.1 inches long and 13 oz. It was designed by a retired police who wanted a pocket gun with punch. It is precision made for carrying in stainless steel with cavalar grips. It comes with 2 magazines, case, manual, and extra springs. The gun is super accurate. The price was set as recommend by a gun shop because of it’s condition. Must see.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
Re: R9S
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 05:17:07 PM »
Which one of the family was a LEO? How come gun shop did not buy it?  What is a cavalar grips?  Sounds fishy, oh must be cavair grips.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:53:42 AM »
Which one of the family was a LEO? How come gun shop did not buy it?  What is a cavalar grips?  Sounds fishy, oh must be cavair grips.

I think Karl did some handgun training, but I do not know if that was LE.

I think he has G10 mixed up with Kevlar, that's my guess.

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 10:35:09 AM »
Armslist = Craigslist...at least to me.
Too many opportunities for scams, problems, etc.
In Ohio...both buyer and seller need to show they are residents with photo Id. 
with that comes a look at street address.  I don't care how good the deal is...
NOT WORTH THE GAMBLE.      >:(

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 06:13:56 PM »

I think Karl did some handgun training, but I do not know if that was LE.

I think he has G10 mixed up with Kevlar, that's my guess.

Neither Karl nor I have been LE officers, however, we have both been "involved" to some degree.

Ref. the "cavalar grips". . . . . I too would think he meant "Kevlar".

Reading the ad for the R9 on Armslist, I found no mention of "It was designed by a retired police who wanted a pocket gun with punch.". . . . . although that is a funny statement and not true.

Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 06:32:08 PM »
Eric: Is this what I have to look forward to when I reach your age?  ( Only kidding ).Here's the ad:
http://www.armslist.com/posts/4796827/rochester-new-york-handguns-for-sale--rohrbaurgh-9rs

FOR SALE: ROHRBAURGH 9RS

post id: 4796827
share:       

Price: $ 750 Seller: Private Party Account:Registered on 10/22/2015 Listings by this user
Listed On:Wednesday, October 21, 2015Listed In:HandgunsLocation: Spencerport, Rochester, New York - Map Shipping:No
Manufacturer: Remington Caliber: 9mm Luger Action: Double Action Firearm Type: Pistol Flag |  Edit | Favorite
Do you want to own a powerful pocket gun? How about the smallest 9mm in like new condition? The Rohrbaugh 9Rs is the smallest 9mm made at 5.1 inches long and 13 oz. It was designed by a retired police who wanted a pocket gun with punch. It is precision made for carrying in stainless steel with cavalar grips. It comes with 2 magazines, case, manual, and extra springs. The gun is super accurate. The price was set as recommend by a gun shop because of it’s condition. Must see.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:34:23 PM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 07:49:49 PM »
LOL ~ Yeaaaah. . . . . Well, when I looked on Armslist, I did not see this ad. . . . . .Now I see it with the link.  You "Wise-en-hymer" you.  lol   
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.