Author Topic: Good to see an R9 commanding good $ on gun broker.  (Read 3186 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Good to see an R9 commanding good $ on gun broker.
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:10:22 PM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=Rohrbaugh

I would like to see interest in this fine semi collectible pistol continue to stay high and even grow.

You guys talked me into believing it was a first in its class. I believed you even though my first was having issues. Mine is now fixed and before it was I bought 2 more. In the end I believe you were/are right. There is no other pistol that fills the niche of the R9 and they only made so many of them.

As I was privileged to speak to Eric yesterday (thanks Ryan) I was further enlightened on how this amazing pistol was developed and then improved over the years. He mentioned Richard by first and last name and gave him praise for his loyalty to the little pistol and mentioned that input from the users helped shape improvements made along the way. He mentioned how they kept tweeking the gun until it was as close to perfect as humanly possible.

Awesome story of a couple of craftsmen and their passion for their pistol.

Well let's face it. This forum is the only place people can learn about and see the original R9. This is the only place people can turn to for info on how to find one and maintain it and how to shoot it in a way that is best for the purpose built piece of genius. I do not think it is in poor taste (sorry if some do) to mention that if they are more or less forgotten then they will also lose value. Conversely if they are viewed as the rare little gems that they are then I feel as though they will hold their value for years to come. Like land, there is only so much to go around.

Some of you fellows are very much part of the legacy that made the R9 what it is. I think the pistol should be honored by keeping it talked about and even shown off on this forum.

It's a great piece. Thanks for talking me into getting on board fellas.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:21:25 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Re: Good to see an R9 commanding good $ on gun broker.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »
Josh - I agree that this forum plays a critical role in the future legacy of the R9. It is important that we all chip in and support Duane when he reaches out to help keep the community running.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 09:37:17 AM »
Josh - I agree that this forum plays a critical role in the future legacy of the R9. It is important that we all chip in and support Duane when he reaches out to help keep the community running.

+1.  And well said Josh.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 02:54:14 PM »

+1 count me in
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline jm17

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 05:08:25 PM »
Someone selling a pair of r9s with on gunbroker starting at $1599 for both.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 06:09:48 PM »
Someone selling a pair of r9s with on gunbroker starting at $1599 for both.

Of course that's not a buy now price. I have seen a lot of guns start at .01. They should pull a good buck.

John Stuart Mill

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 07:06:49 PM »

Roger that!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 07:12:15 PM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=Rohrbaugh

I would like to see interest in this fine semi collectible pistol continue to stay high and even grow.

You guys talked me into believing it was a first in its class. I believed you even though my first was having issues. Mine is now fixed and before it was I bought 2 more. In the end I believe you were/are right. There is no other pistol that fills the niche of the R9 and they only made so many of them.

As I was privileged to speak to Eric yesterday (thanks Ryan) I was further enlightened on how this amazing pistol was developed and then improved over the years. He mentioned Richard by first and last name and gave him praise for his loyalty to the little pistol. He mentioned how they kept tweeking the gun until it was as close to perfect as humanly possible.

Awesome story of a couple of craftsmen and their passion for their pistol.

Well let's face it. This forum is the only place people can learn about and see the original R9. This is the only place people can turn to for info on how to find one and maintain it and how to shoot it in a way that is best for the purpose built piece of genius. I do not think it is in poor taste (sorry if some do) to mention that if they are more or less forgotten then they will also lose value. Conversely if they are viewed as the rare little gems that they are then I feel as though they will hold their value for years to come. Like land, there is only so much to go around.

Some of you fellows are very much part of the legacy that made the R9 what it is. I think the pistol should be honored by keeping it talked about and even shown off on this forum.

It's a great piece. Thanks for talking me into getting on board fellas.

Josh, you have "broken the code."  Congratulations, and well said.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"