Author Topic: At the Rohrbaugh Facility "Back when". . . . . . Part 1  (Read 2704 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
At the Rohrbaugh Facility "Back when". . . . . . Part 1
« on: March 05, 2015, 05:23:15 PM »
I had mentioned to a forum member that I had a photograph somewhere of our Mother working diligently at the shop helping to make the R9 pistols. Well, looking for those today in an old home computer, I found paydirt for sure! I will post more as time goes on with little discriptions of what the photographs are about and a date when possible. First up is this one. Yes, "The Greatest Generation" had their touch on the R9. . . . . . . No kidding!
That was the greatest generation and I like to think that us Baby Boomers, like my brother and I, are the last grab hold of those values. We are proud to be just that and hold on dearly to those times. . . . . and those philosophies of a bygone era which were instilled in us growing up in the 1950s and 60s and were part of our mindset for our R9 pistol. We like to think it showed through in our product with the pride we have for it during the early thoughts and design, production and yes, even the sale to Remington.

So, here is Mom, Mrs. Lillian H. Rohrbaugh, assembling the hammer strut to the hammer with a pin on a custom made jig we made to hold the assembly together while the pin is tapped in. She loved working on the project when she could do something like this. Just like WWII small part work, sit down and get it done!  Thanks Mom!   ;-)

These photographs are from the Deer Park, New York facility (dates to follow - must investigate that)  ecr

Eric

PS: I have no idea why Mom was holding a blow-torch in the bottom picture!  lol
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:26:13 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
Re: At the Rohrbaugh Facility "Back when". . . . . . Part 1
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 06:07:39 PM »
Very cool to say the least.....

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 06:26:53 PM »
That lady has a great smile!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »
That lady has a great smile!

That's our Ma Mah. . . . . .   ;)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 08:35:50 PM »
I think the first picture may be from 10/30/2007 12:24 PM based on some data in the picture. And taken on an Olympus Camera.

Perhaps the others are from a little earlier in 2007, like July? Only guessing here based on the file name 07-06-07 (July 6, 2007 ?)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:39:09 PM by wildmanwill »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 09:19:53 PM »
It's been a tough day for me Will. You are so right. 2007. . . there it is right there on the bottom of the photos. Time for bed.

Good night all. Tomorrow's another day.