Author Topic: No one wants to take your guns? Ask the people of New York  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: No one wants to take your guns? Ask the people of New York
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »
That is an outstanding article.

Take no comfort from the old "grandfather" scam the anti-gun crowd always tries to spoon feed us.  ("We don't want to take that gun from you -- it will be "grandfathered.") Apparently, they would have us believe that repeal of a "grandfather clause" is somehow forgidden in same manner as enactment of an ex post facto law is prohibited by Clause 3, Article I, Section 9 of the United States Constitution. However, a "grandfather clause" is merely a bit of temporary  statutory forebearance that can be repealed as easily as it was enacted.  By way of example, simply look at the process used by the District of Columbia City Council back in the 70s -- prior to Heller.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: No one wants to take your guns? Ask the people of New York
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 11:21:19 AM »
We are fighting to keep our 2A rights in Maryland as we are under attack as I speak!! >:(
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.