Author Topic: r9s Stealth to r9s Stealth Elite? (sanding slide)  (Read 5381 times)

Offline spursguy10

r9s Stealth to r9s Stealth Elite? (sanding slide)
« on: November 04, 2009, 10:40:29 PM »
So this may very well be a preposterous and absurd question, but humor me. I was on the Rohrbaugh site and was comparing the models of r9’s. I currently own a beautiful r9s (stealth) and was wondering what the difference was between it and the stealth elite. Upon researching on the site it appears as if the only difference besides the glass- beaded trigger and extractor is that the slide is hand sanded to show its natural shine below.
Here comes the wild part.

Is it possible to sand down the slide on a r9s stealth to achieve the slide on the elite?!?
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
-Clint Eastwood

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: r9s Stealth to r9s Stealth Elite? (sanding sli
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »
I would not even try that and just be happy with your Stealth. Only the inside of your pocket sees the slide on a regular basis.  ;) :D   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »
I'll second that.  Enjoy the Stealth like it is.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline mefly2

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 02:28:31 PM »
So this may very well be a preposterous and absurd question, but humor me. I was on the Rohrbaugh site and was comparing the models of r9’s. I currently own a beautiful r9s (stealth) and was wondering what the difference was between it and the stealth elite. Upon researching on the site it appears as if the only difference besides the glass- beaded trigger and extractor is that the slide is hand sanded to show its natural shine below.
Here comes the wild part.

Is it possible to sand down the slide on a r9s stealth to achieve the slide on the elite?!?

That is my plan when / if the finish wears off on the slide - from holstering / presenting.  Mine has been out to the department range multiple times but the finish still appears as new.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 05:37:46 PM »
I'll second that.  Enjoy the Stealth like it is.

I somehow missed welcoming you to the Forum, so I do so now.  Welcome and enjoy this great place.  You can learn much.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:27:30 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 04:27:25 PM »
I think that any refinishing service could remove the stealth finish on the flats and leave them on the contoured surfaces and in the serrations.  I think it would look great great considering the Elite has been d/c'd.