Author Topic: Which would you have chosen?  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Nomad

Which would you have chosen?
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:37:32 PM »
I took my toys out for a "all hands" range visit today and was in a generous mood. There was a couple of guys next to  me  that seemed interested and had questions so I gave them a choice of trying any three of my pieces. That got to choose between the 9mm r9s, glock 26, the 10 mm glock 29, colt delta elite,  the 45 acp ladyhawk, the .50 cal desert eagle, the 12 ga benelli M4, the MP 15 AR, or the M82A1 Barrett.

They both picked the ladyhawk, desert eagle and Barrett. They thanked me profusedly and said it was the greatest range day ever and the highlight of their summer. And I admit I enjoyed being a bit of a spectator for a change.

Which 3 would you have chosen?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Which would you have chosen?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:51:06 PM »

All of them.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:51:31 PM »
My three would have been the same.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Nomad

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 11:00:13 PM »
All of them.
I'm pretty sure there is a range rule that the gun owner get to set the limits to his generosity. Choosing all of them would have equalled shooting none of them. And yes I was curious about which 3 they would pick.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 11:54:58 PM »
That was a play on words; there is no range that would permit the firing of all of them on the same course unless it was on your north 40.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:57:36 PM by tracker »

Offline Nomad

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 12:16:17 AM »
That was a play on words; there is no range that would permit the firing of all of them on the same course unless it was on your north 40.
Actually I am allowed to fire all of them on the same range. I wasn't sure at first until I called the ranger station about using the armor piercing incendiary rounds in the Barrett and was instructed that it was no problem as long as I kept an extinguisher or bucket of water on hand. Yes the range is rediculously short for the Barrett but beats nothing.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 12:30:44 AM »

Are there any terrorists out there?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 12:42:42 AM »
I can shoot all of those at our range as well and if there are any terrorists there, they leave when they hear the Barrett.    ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 12:43:43 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline MJSeif

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:40:22 AM »
Days like this tend to be the highlight of my weeks too.  I find it's incredibly rewarding to introduce others to weapons that they wouldn't otherwise get an opportunity to fire.  I was at the range a few weeks ago with my weapons, and there were some young men in the stall next to mine.  I could tell they were new there (since they were renting a couple of random pistols) and offered to let them shoot my .357 sig Glock and a my ported Centennial Revolver.  The three of them took turns for a respectful amount of time, asked some really insightful questions, and did pretty well.  Just seeing the grins on their faces was rewarding enough.  Those of us who are used to it, I think, can forget how intimidating ranges can be for first-timers.  If you have a few rounds to spare, what's the harm!
Semper Fi