Author Topic: New guy  (Read 2508 times)

Offline infidelforever

New guy
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:05:30 PM »
Hello:   as a thirty year veteran cop I was amazed at the silky smooth action of my brand new R9S Stealth.  As a firearms instructor and force on force instructor I have handled my share of firearms but have never owned a pistol as fine as my new Rorhbaugh.  Worth every penny.  I always believed in spending good money for quality firearms as tools of my trade.  Kinda like the carpenter who forks over several hundred bucks for a titanium hammer.  No shortcuts for quality.  

I am interested in finding out if anyone has tried the add on CovertCarry IWB clip.  I spoke with the factory guy (a very nice, professional named Jim) and he mentioned that the company will be producing the replacement grip panel soon.  My concern is that since the rightside grip panel is so crucial for proper trigger functioning on the Rohrbaugh, is there a  potential problem with the CovertCarry clip or replacement panel?  Any info is appreciated.  

Offline CaptBW

• Master
Re: New guy
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 12:39:50 AM »
Welcome aboard.

I have no experience with the Covert Carrier, but would hesitate to carry any gun without the trigger covered.

And yes, the R9s is a sweet gun.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 06:46:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum..

I too would be a bit leary with the clip,and also in dealing with the mechanical aspects of that grip area..

Always a "potential" problem,but one never knows till it gets tried!! ;)

Once again,Welcome..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »
Permit me to welcome you to the Forum, congratulate you on the acquisition of your Rohrbaugh, and thank you for your service in law enforcement.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"