Author Topic: New Server -- New Speed!  (Read 14488 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: New Server -- New Speed!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 08:36:32 PM »
Nope.  I can't delete PM's either; just tried.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline TechGuy

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 08:51:01 PM »
Ok, PM deletion issue is fixed... I think.

And maybe kjtrains issue as well...

Let me know.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 09:03:48 PM »
Yep, deleting is fixed!  Thanks techguy!!!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 09:10:53 PM »
Ok, PM deletion issue is fixed... I think.

And maybe kjtrains issue as well...

Let me know.

I'll sign off mobile now and give it a try!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 09:16:19 PM »
Nope.  Still can't get in.  Says, Internet Explorer can't display Web page.

Can delete PM's now while on mobile.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:41:25 PM by kjtrains »

Offline TechGuy

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 05:29:16 AM »
kjtrains -

Are you using a bookmark to access the site?

Try typing the URL directly into your address bar both with and without the www.

Also if you could make note of the time that you try to access the site I can check the logs to see what may be occurring on the server side of the connection.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 08:16:42 AM »
TechGuy.  I've tried accessing the site by using www. and not using www. at 8:00 Am and 8:03 AM to no avail.  I've typed the URL directly to the address bar as you suggested.  That brings up a list of Rohrbaugh items on Google.

Selecting Rohrbaugh Forum Index then gives me the message that, Internet Explorer can't display web page.

I can click on the cache after the Rohrbaugh Forum Index on the list of Rohrbaugh items that Google pulls up and it gives me the Rohrbaugh Forum as it was on Aug. 31st, but when I try to login there, I still get the "can't display web page".  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:17:46 AM by kjtrains »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 10:46:36 AM »
Kj it looks like you have been booted out.   :o

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »
I can get in on mobile.  Just sooooo slow!    ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »
KJ:

I would first go to the "Tools" tab, open "Internet Options," and delete all the temporary files, browsing history, etc. If that doesn't work, I would scan your computer for registry and file path errors and such by purchasing and downloading one of the better known repair programs. They generally run between $30 and $50 a year. (I've been using "PC Doc Pro" for several years and found it to be worth the cost.)

Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:00:20 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 01:03:56 PM »
Richard, thanks!  The computer is always set to delete browsing history upon exit.  Every other site that I work on, banks, Edward Jones, stock exchange, all work with not a hitch.  I do the Microsoft repair and it says, can't ping host on the Rohrbaugh site.

I know this is probably a simple fix, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks also for the "PC Doc Pro" suggestion.  The Microsoft program is about to expire, so I'll give the PC Doc a try.

Thanks again!

UPDATE:  Purchased the PC Doc Pro and it is currently fixing found errors, so hopely this will be one of the ones "Doc" fixes.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:  "Doc" didn't fix the problem, however, the mobile is lightning fast now, so something got fixed.  Thanks, Richard.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:26:12 PM by kjtrains »

Offline TechGuy

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 03:02:27 PM »
When you type the address in the address bar your browser is not treating it like a URL, but like a search term.

Type this exactly into your browser's address bar:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com

When you type a web site URL into the browser's address bar it should take you directly to the web site, not to a Google results page.

I also set up an error redirect page that may catch your error and send you to the home page. May or may not work.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:52:55 PM by techguy »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »
Sorry, TechGuy, still doesn't work.  When I type it in that way, I immediately get the "can't display web page".

Offline TechGuy

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 05:06:27 PM »
I don't know what the problem might be.

Have you tried using a different browser? Chrome maybe? That is my browser of choice.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 05:10:55 PM »
I have tried Firefox and  I get the same thing.