Author Topic: 2006 SHOT Show  (Read 9241 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
2006 SHOT Show
« on: February 06, 2006, 02:51:45 PM »
Does anyone know where to look this year for daily reports and photos from the show?  Any forum members who are going?

Eric has promised me photos of the new offerings as soon as he returns from the show -- so stay tuned for those as well.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Fud

• Master
Re: 2006 SHOT Show
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »
Would it be alright for people with inside information to release that information once the ShotShow begins.

I really need to know if I'm ordering another R9 and waiting for one of their other offerings.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 04:15:48 PM »
I'm hoping we get the word right away.

Last year, Sig forum had pictures.

Here is another source: http://www.shotshowreports.com/

Bill
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 04:18:07 PM by Michigunner »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 07:07:32 PM »
Bill:

You've resurrected a link to the prototype which caused me to place an order for one of the R9s back in 2002.  (As a result, I own No. 132.)  The photograph is also why I've been trying to get a pair of sterling silver grips for my "pup" ever since.  (There's no chance whatsoever that the Brothers would sell the prototype's aluminum grips, which I understand are locked away in a safe somewhere in New York state.   :'()  

http://www.shotshowreports.com/images/9mm.JPG

Thanks for the memories.   :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 07:12:16 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 07:35:24 PM »
Thanks, Richard.

I would be thrilled to get a pair of the silver grips, if they become available from your sources.

Would you please keep me in mind?

That's a remarkable picture.

I will get abrasive tape that has a matching silver color.  :)

Bill    
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 08:14:40 AM by Michigunner »

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 02:10:08 AM »
I'm leaving for the SHOT show Friday evening, and will be sure to check out Rohrbaugh -- I can't imagine they'd still try and keep stuff underwraps once it's at the SHOT show.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 07:22:54 PM »
He He He.  ;D  Just got off the phone with Eric.  I have the whole SHOT show scoop -- including world exclusive photos.  I am sworn to secrecy until the show opens at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, February 9.

This site will, guaranteed, have the first Rohrbaugh SHOT show report.  Thanks to Eric and Karl for their support.

I will also have info on a VERY special R-9 to be auctioned off by the company.  Can't say what -- but start saving your pennies if you want to own the most collectable R-9 to date. (That is so subjective -- maybe I am wrong -- but its way up there).

Just so we don't get curiosity piqued to an undue degree, I have to caution you all not to expect a revolutionary new product, but some very nice enhancements to the existing product and some intriguing new announcements.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 07:45:56 PM »
Duane,

Looking forward to the photos here!! ;D

.380 "kit"  ;) :D

The auction should be very helpful for those involved and a great idea..The info is also very anticipated..Thanks..

Anticipation.. ;D

Thanks again,
Brenden

Aglifter,
If you get a chance,please check out the SIG table,need to know more about the new domestic model 556!!  ;)

Thanks

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 07:51:49 PM »
Duane - some early feedback will be great - I ''know'' some stuff too, well sorta ;) -  but for sure, once the show is here then info can be released.

Last year it was covered quite well on shotshowtv - tho not sure of exact link I used.  If I find it is running again will post link.

Wish I could go myself but just too darned far - plus end of March am off to Tulsa Gun Show - so, can't do everything!!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 02:21:49 AM »
I will certainly check out the SIG exhibit -- I want to check out the 226, see if I want to get one...not that I could possibly use another pistol...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 02:53:42 AM »
Hmmm....

This sounds rather interesting. Do you really think it will be a .380 conversion kit, or will be be smaller upgrades to the form/function of the R-9?  This actually makes me nervous, because I have an order in for an R9s, and I'd be so jealous if they had an improved model coming out.
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 08:21:06 AM »
He He He.  ;D  Just got off the phone with Eric.  I have the whole SHOT show scoop -- including world exclusive photos.  I am sworn to secrecy until the show opens at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, February 9.

This site will, guaranteed, have the first Rohrbaugh SHOT show report.  Thanks to Eric and Karl for their support.
Does that mean we can expect you to post some official info (with photos) in about 25 hours?

I might take tomorrow morning off for this  ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 08:22:38 AM by Fud »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 04:03:14 PM »
Yep.  Well, I wouldn't call it official info...  Accurate and complete I will accept.  I wouldn't take off work though...    ;)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 04:04:14 PM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 08:26:11 PM »
In response to all the requests for more info, I have decided to post this (partially redacted) photo of one of the SHOT show offerings:

Oh.. I am soooo bad.   :P

I have an appointment tomorrow morning, so the photos and info will go up (in a new thread) tomorrow before 9am.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 08:51:22 PM »
Duane,

THAT is WORSE than a tease.. 8)

Thanks for the thought though!! ;D

I will have to wait till after work tomorrow to view whatever is posted!! :( ;) :o

Thanks for your time on this..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe