Author Topic: 2006 SHOT Show  (Read 9243 times)

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
Re: 2006 SHOT Show
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »
I don't know much about the others but Ted Yost and Lew Bonitz have always treated me well.  They are responsive and reply to E-mails and phone calls.  Most importantly, they do wonderful work.  

Offline FB3

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2006, 02:00:01 PM »
I have several 1911's and had one full custom Hi Power built by Ted Yost.  Waiting on another full custom 1911 which should be here soon.

Ted's work is second to none, and he is a real gentleman to work with.  Very understanding and willing to put up with all of the inevitable changes along the way during a job.

Don Williams is another great smith to work with.  Also excellent work.

The worst customer service that I have ever had was from Les Baer.  Awful pistol and worse service.
Experience is the best teacher, but the tuition is awfully high

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2006, 02:02:13 AM »
All I had to go on was their attitude at the show -- Personally, I like the Detonics the best, and plan to go w. them -- None of the 1911 smiths I checked did a good bluing job -- in fairness, Detonics only does stainless -- even if you were willing to pay a premium for it, the examples weren't as good as my Dan wesson revolver, or as my father's Kimber.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.