Author Topic: Rohrbaugh WebSite  (Read 9447 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh WebSite
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 11:14:35 PM »
Well, then, here's my early R9, the #127, without sights and Blue Carbon Fiber grips.    :)

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:45 PM »
From what I have read the Blue CFs were the earliest then the Black, but the factory wasn't real consistent with everything so there may have been some more Blues put on after the Blacks started. Heck there may be a few pair still hiding at the factory some place. ;D

John

I wish they would let those that are hiding, loose!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 07:32:22 AM »
Has anyone thought of creating an R9 - R9s picture thread?

Drag those R9's out, take their picture in their favorite pose and let's see them. There is already more pictures of the R9 in this thread than there are on the website.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 08:21:40 AM »

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 08:38:20 AM »
kj;

Thanks for that web link! WOW!  ;D

I wish that I had found that thread days ago. The forum and the members on this site never cease to amaze me. There is a lot of good info here folks.

Note that I refrained from calling your Mr.  :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:39:01 AM by dano »
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »
I did notice that!    ;D

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 11:18:24 AM »
Couple of things...

As for the website, Rohrbaugh is a small company.  They don't have a web department, or a marketing department.  Web updates are not always their priority -- especially when it takes away from building guns they can sell.

The original concept of the R-9 was to have no sights.  Karl believed sights were unnecessary on a close range self-defense gun of this type.  However, customers had a strong preference for sights.  These days you can get an R-9 without sights, but its basically a special order piece.  Most all of the R-9s sold now have sights milled into the slide.

My guess -- based on Karl's world view -- is don't be looking for any dovetailed Novak sights or XS Big Dots anytime soon!  ;D

On the blue grips -- the R-Bros really wanted a black carbon fiber grip with flecks of blue.  The earliest guns had that look -- a subtle blue tint and flecks.  The coloration process was somewhat random, so each set of grips had to be matched so the left and right had similar blue texture.

Over time, the grips became too blue and too variable for their tastes, and they killed the blue color in favor of straight black CF.  And, of course, after that the CFs were dropped due to expense, difficulty of production, etc.

Hope this helps a little with some of the questions.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 11:48:45 AM »
DD;

Thanks for the information. The background history of the R9 is always good to know, especially for those of us that are new to the world of Rohrbaugh.

I do have one question for you as the admin. of this forum. Is there a spell checker built in to the forum software? If there is one, I have yet to find it. I will have to admit that as I get older my fingers don't keep up with my brain and I find it hard to spell "stuff". :)

Danny

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »
Duane,
    Thanks for confirming what I thought I remembered reading in the archives about the sights.  :D
  I think the sights are not for everyone but I prefer to have them.

John
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:02:03 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 03:24:48 PM »
DD;

* * * Is there a spell checker built in to the forum software? If there is one, I have yet to find it. I will have to admit that as I get older my fingers don't keep up with my brain and I find it hard to spell "stuff". :)

Danny

Danny:

Pending Duane's response, if you use Firefox as a browser when accessing the Forum I think you will have a built-in spell check. I keep both Internet Explorer and Firefox on the desktop of my computers, but tend to use Firefox to log in to the Forum because of the spell check feature. It provides an alert by underlining in red any questionable spelling.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 03:49:32 PM »
Richard;

Thanks for the information. I am currently running Internet Explorer and have not used the Firefox. I currently have a program installed on my computer called ieSpell which generally works on forums that do not have the spell checking capability. However, it does not seem to work on this Forum. I will look into Firefox when I get a chance. I actually think that Safari will do this as well. I could create long posts in NotePad++, but this is usually more trouble than it's worth.

Danny

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »

Safari must work here because I just tested it and an intentionally misspelled word was underlined in red dashes.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 03:58:54 PM »
The forum does not offer spell-checking functionality.  It does censor some off-color words -- with my modifications.

Anyone remember how confusing the thread got with the auto-replacement where someone was talking about how to "thumb-thingy" a revolver?   ::) Now we can talk about thumb-cocking a wheel gun, and its o.k.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:59:24 PM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »
Thank you for that tip, Tracker. I've been thinking about adding Safari to my desktop tools and shall now do so.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »
Tracker +1 for Safari. And I like the spell check, it works on every forum I'm on.
   I have Safari, Foxfire, Google Chrome and Opera on my Mac but use Safari most of the time.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson