Author Topic: END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT  (Read 7033 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Re: END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 11:36:13 PM »
Same excuse works for me every time and this time we can even blame it on John.   :)
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 07:40:17 AM »
Here is a link to the site that sells it.

http://www.hi-vel.com/Catalog__25/catalog__25.html

John:

I'm with AT. You're costing me money . . . and just when I thought I had my budget finalized.

_____

And by the way, I like that new avatar of yours. (That "tsetse fly" you were using was giving me flashbacks.) 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:46:35 AM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 11:11:51 AM »
Glad I was able to help you gentlemen out, thats what friends are for. 
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
A friend indeed, John!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 02:20:30 PM »
        I can just see the D.A.'s eyes light up when he finds out that you were using "Devastator ammunition" to shoot the bad guy.      Gene
birdman

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 10:19:10 PM »
        I can just see the D.A.'s eyes light up when he finds out that you were using "Devastator ammunition" to shoot the bad guy.      Gene

Darn good point Birdman!  At self defense range, almost any shotgun ammo will suffice (see today's news).  Any special ammo will make you look like a stone cold killer in court, and any trigger pull less than 6 pounds will confirm that the "kill" was accidental and unintended (wrongful death) due to an expected discharge due to a very light trigger pull, for which you are legally responsible.  Your only defense is to say, "Hell, I was trying to kill the SOB because I was afraid for my life" which works in most of Tennessee and Texas, but don't try this in most blue states.

"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 06:52:18 AM »
Need help.............it's the end of the world as we know it.......have to bug out.....can take ONE gun and all the ammunition I can carry.....what do I take?

Don't worry about the DA, courts and LE, the OP stated "The End Of The World As We Know It", the DA and his posse will be the first ones out of town along with all the politicians. :D S this is only for End of the World use and fun at the range. ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 08:57:31 AM »
Another good point John, but be careful what you load in your self defense shotgun.  Best not fire the flare from your bedside!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 10:28:25 AM »
Another good point John, but be careful what you load in your self defense shotgun.  Best not fire the flare from your bedside!

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 01:55:25 PM »
All of this reminds me of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 09:09:09 PM »

That will hold off the first wave.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 09:56:55 PM »
Anybody got a flamethrower out there?  It should seal the deal if any one is left to make a 4th wave.  A local guy (you've probably seen this on the internet) has developed a fully automatic shotgun with a drum magazine that might be worth a look also.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »
Jack:

As of this morning I had 476 photographs in my Photobucket account and have never had one deleted. There may be some inherent lack of stability in the small "free" accounts, but if you have signed up for a full year I would expect that you will have no further difficulty. Should you were ever allow your account to lapse, however, your photographs would probably all disappear wherever you had posted them. For instance, if you look back at some of the earliest posts on the Forum, circa 1994 or 1995, you will see the occasional blank square indicating that a photograph previously displayed is no longer available. That would indicate that the person posting the photograph has either deleted it from his/her album or allowed the subscription to expire.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »
I have use a free photo bucket account for the last 4 years and have never had an issue or lost a picture. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 05:27:18 PM »
I have use a free photo bucket account for the last 4 years and have never had an issue or lost a picture. ;D

I just had the unpleasant thougt that John's "dueling banjos" and "tsetse fly" avatars may be back there in storage just waiting to be unleashed again.  :o
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"