Author Topic: New Angle On FTF/FTE/Ammo  (Read 10748 times)

Offline Robar233

• Master
Re: New Angle On FTF/FTE/Ammo
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 07:43:50 PM »
 All,

Very good thread with relevant information. Robar R46xx 107 rounds no problems ever! Best concealed carry gun I have ever owned bar none. Now if anyone can tell me when I can buy any larger caliber Rohrbaugh I will really be a happy camper!

Robar233

Offline JohnBT

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 01:41:48 PM »
"You flawless feeders, please do the same."

R6xx

Purchased used in the spring of 2007 and carried everyday since. Fifty weeks a year anyway, assuming I travel 2 weeks. The gun looked new when I bought it and the gun store's hang tag said "200 rounds fired."

The gun choked once earlier this year when a 13-year-old decided to shoot the 2nd mag with his left hand. Long about the 4th or 5th shot it stovepiped. I figure that wasn't the gun's fault.  :)

Offline Dr. Gonzo

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 05:39:49 PM »
i think we(newer R9 owners) go out buying an R9, expecting to use the same technique as our bigger guns, not realizing it takes a little more familiarizing with a 13.5 oz. 9mm pocket gun. I distinctly remember shooting my friends 4xxx series gun and the first 2 mags i fired, i had FTFeed's and FTExtract's. My friend took it from me, loaded it, and fired the mag flawlessly, looked over at me and said: "Hold onto it! It's not like your Glock 19, don't give it any slack." Next couple of mags i fired...not one hiccup.

I now own 2 Rohrbaughs, one R9 and one 380. Not a peep from either. The R9 is a used High 5xxx series. Normal wear, I change the springs every 200 rounds and I run it with a thick coat of hoppe's oil w/ Weatherguard.

Dr.:

If I have not previously welcomed you to the Forum, I do so now.

And thank you for that post. It summarizes very well the proper use, care, and feeding of these little masterpieces of design.

Thankyou Richard!
Glad to hear your R9 is back in business Jeep!