Author Topic: Rohrbaugh number order rarity?  (Read 10319 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh number order rarity?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 08:39:21 PM »
I believe there is a thread on the forum somewhere Tat that has photos of all things R9. I'm sure one of the regulars will show you around to that one as I do not know where it is here.

Have a good evening. . . . . I'm signing off for the day now. . . . .

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 10:28:10 PM »

ECR-How many Elites? ( Is the Elite Premium the same as the Elite? ). I think that there were some Special Forces too?

Norm,

I caught that too. I think he added an extra zero to the number of Elites - 50 ish is what has been tossed around the forum for years.

The elite premiums are actually quite a bit nicer than standard elites. I did not have an appreciation for how much of a difference until I bought one. At some point I plan on doing a nice photo shoot post of some of my guns and the elite premium would be a good one to start with.

Rumor on the original run of special forces was 24 guns but they also started producing them again right before they were acquired so I didn't know how many total guns there were.

There is also the NRA gun and the 3 engraved guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 11:02:26 PM »
Thanks for the info! Can't wait to see your Elite Premium!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 09:02:53 AM »
Thanks Eric for taking the time....went to go pick up an elite today and someone out of state bought it hours before I got there....needless to say I was SICK.....

Keep looking. . . .they come up for sale every so often Tat.  :-)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 08:14:20 PM »
Bump up for the new members

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 08:43:07 PM »
Who did the 'bluing' on the Stealth and Elite models? I know bluing can not be applied to stainless but Fords Refinishing in Fla did a type of 'blue' for a very short time. They quit after a year or two. Too many problems.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 09:18:33 PM »
I believe the Stealth and Stealth Elite have Diamond Black coating on the slide.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 07:17:50 AM »
I believe the Stealth and Stealth Elite have Diamond Black coating on the slide.

That was my question. About the coating. With stainless the pores are so tight, nature of stainless, it is very difficult to get anything to stick.

I dan into a similar situation with a LNIB S&W Bodyguard. The blueing was gorgeous on the aluminum frame but they could almost NEVER get the steel cylinder to match. They were purple. I know two local guys who do nickel and blueing and they gave the cylinder a 'shot.' Turned out PERFECT.

Many years ago I was co-owner of a machine shop. We had parkerizing tanks but unless it's a AK, parkerizing looks like crap on firearms. Lots of fun equipment though. Amazing what a beed blasting can do to remove old carbon.

kevinqjhps   
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one