Author Topic: CQB with R9  (Read 3052 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
CQB with R9
« on: January 23, 2023, 07:03:30 PM »
One or two members/former members have indicated that that the R9, as wonderful as it seems, is not controllable in their hands for accuracy  I am approaching 80, have some double vision thanks to botched lens implants, and a tremor due to aging.  I can no longer shoot bullseyes well, even with my .45’s. 

I read Rex Applegates “BULLSEYES DON’T SHOOT BACK” and realized the only reason I carry a pistol is for personal protection from sudden or near-sudden threat and I carry an R9 or a Seecamp…..perhaps using a “get off of me gun” allows for a different way to respond to threat?  Using some of Applegate’s techniques I have started point shooting at the range….no aim, no bother with tremor , shoot from chest or chin height depending on distance to the threat….by damn, it is scary effective.  Here is a test for you:  pick an object at a reasonably close range (les than 10 yards), focus your gaze, close your eyes and point at where you last saw it.  The open your eyes.  If you are normal, your finger should be pointing right at the target.  Something to think about!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: CQB with R9
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 07:55:14 AM »
Approaching 80? When did that happen? I'm approaching 70...don't know when that happened either!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: CQB with R9
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 09:09:56 AM »
After 70 it accelerates my friend, and at 75 it goes into afterburner!  I had Covid 3 times starting December 2021`.  The second episode was Feb 2022, Omicron that nearly did me in….2 weeks in the ICU….long covid now and probably forever with chronic fatigue, balance issues, etc.  IMO that aged me 5 years all at once.  I had the initial Pfizer shots, ended up with myocarditis and atrial dysrhythmias….no more shots for me!

Anybody else out there read Applegate or practice point shooting?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis