Author Topic: I've succumb to the dark side  (Read 4779 times)

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 07:39:49 PM by justin2992 »
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
Re: I've succumb to the dark side
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 11:53:53 PM »
My Glock 26 has been my preferred primary concealed carry gun since May of 1997.  You'll be extremely happy with it.  You'll find it more accurate than many full-size guns.

My suggested modifications:

1)  MMC adjustable tritium sights.  I like the 3 green dot pattern.  My gun shot over a foot low at 25 yards with fixed sights.

2)  8 lb. NY trigger spring combined with the 3.5 lb. connector.  The result will be a trigger pull of about 7 lb., giving the same pull weight from beginning to end with a crisp letoff, without the stacking followed by the sssspppprrrrooooiiiiinnngggg of the factory trigger.

3)  Extended slide stop.  It really isn't that extended, and your gun will still fit all precisely fitted leather holsters made for guns with the standard slide stop.  It is a lot easier to use than the standard slide stop.

You'll easily get a few thousand rounds out of the recoil springs, but get some extras anyway.

Lately I usually carry mine in a Blade-Tech IWB holster or Kramer belt scabbard.  Kramer's pocket holster provides the best outline breakup for the least bulk in this size pistol.

I load it with Cor-Bon 115 gr. JHP +P.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 05:53:06 AM »
Welcome to the "Dark Side" (anyone have a match> ;)); I have two Glocks--a 19 and a 36. I LOVE my Glock 36. I only got them in April. ALthough I have shot Glocks for years, I had a built in prejudice against Tupperware guns. I want to kick myself. I always loved shooting them, but I had a "thing" against owning one. Boy was I wrong.

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 05:07:50 PM »
Cool...

My 26 has been regulated to bedside HD since i got my R9 a while back, I keep a 15rd mod. 19 mag in it. It also has a laser max and factory NS.

WOW>>> just was thinking laser grips would be outstanding for the little R9!!

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 07:29:05 PM »
Has anything been done to the finger indentaions on your G26, or is it the way the light is falling on them? They lack the bumps and ridges I'm used to seeing there, so they are smoother than I would usually expect.

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 08:46:17 PM »
I don't like the checkering in the finger grooves.  That is why I went looking for a NIB old stock Glock 26.  They only made them with the smooth finger grooves for about a year from what I'm told.  
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 02:48:53 PM »
I understand.  Glad you found one that suits you!   ;D

Offline TW

• Grand Master
I've succumb to the dark side
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 08:32:28 PM »
>>I've always the idea of the G 26 but thus far have been talked out of buying one from well meaning folks stating it is hard to shoot well and therefore inacurate.  I have and love my G 30...!...and have used it as a primary carry weapon for a while now.  And I shoot it very well, so go figure.

So in the G26 pocket of my mind I have so far filled it with a Springfield XD-9 sub compact and more recently an R9.  But each for it's own purpose and day...!  Meanwhile, congrats on your purchase of the G26...!  I definately need to shoot and probably own a G26 myself...!...TW<<

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 11:00:54 PM »
I read.  I test.  I admire. And I admit that my time has probably passed.  

Since the 1960s, my requirement for a pistol has been that it be constructed of stainless steel.  It has taken a lot of time for me to accept the presence of even aluminum, not to mention the more exotic "...iums," in my pistols.  Lord, help me, but I have yet to make peace with polymer.  And no offense is intended to anyone.  (A number of my LEO friends swear by their Glocks.)

RS  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 02:01:27 PM »
Any pistol with only a 2-finger grip will require special gripping techniques to shoot well.  Maintain conscious pressure on the backstrap, and if shooting 2-handed, upward pressure on the bottom of the trigger guard.

A gunsmith once put 4 shots into a 1/2 inch group with my Glock 26, with a called flyer on the other side of the target, at 25 yards, shooting from a supported kneeling position.

The factory sights tend to shoot very low, but once they are replaced, the gun can be shot more accurately than many full-size pistols.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 12:49:45 AM »
I have a few Glocks. I own a G23, G32, G26, G27, and I sold my G22 to a friend with bigger hands than mine. All of my Glocks are more acurate than I can shoot. I usually keep 10 rapid fire rounds on an 8" plate at 21 feet. If I brace myself with a 2 handed hold I can usually keep my shots on an 8" plate at 25 yards. Not exactly Olympic Target shooting standard, but it will get the job done in a self defense situation.

If I had to quickly leave my house (like in an evacuation) and could only take one of my many pistols (heaven forbid) I think I would take my Glock 27 loaded with 11 rounds of Speer .40 cal 165gr GDHPs in a magazine with a Pearce +1 grip extension. I would take some extra Glock 22 fifteen round magazines loaded with the Speer .40 cal GDHPs. I feel this is the best balance between power, concealable size and high capacity. Welcome to the dark side.

Ed
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 01:11:09 AM by ed5380 »

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 01:09:16 AM »
Richard,
I understand you wanting the rust resistance of stainless steel. Glock's finish is tougher than stainles steel. The following is a direct quote from the Glock web site:

The metal components on a GLOCK are practically indestructable. That's because they're finished with a unique surface treatment called Tenifer that makes those parts virtually as hard as a diamond. It is even more corrosion resistant than stainless steel.

Ed