Author Topic: Anyone know about IMI Baby D Eagle?    (Read 3262 times)

Offline Woo_Woo

Anyone know about IMI Baby D Eagle?  
« on: October 31, 2005, 09:18:47 PM »
I was at a gunshow and I saw an Israel Military Industries Jericho 9MM.  I looked it up online and the Jericho is also known as the Baby Desert Eagle.  The Baby Desert Eagle is made by Magnum Research and one other version was made by Winchester if I remember correctly.  I was impressed with how the gun felt.  It fit my hand like a glove, but I do not know anything about IMI or Magnum Research, and in particular the Jericho 9mm or the Baby Desert Eagle 9mm.  If any of you have any knowledge on the subject, can you please fill me in?  

PS Have yet to get to the range with my new R9S.   :-/

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
Re: Anyone know about IMI Baby D Eagle?  
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 10:26:34 PM »
Woo Woo, I had a friend who bought one of the IMI Jerico 9mms from a pawnshop. It seemed like a solidly built piece of work and looked really impressive, but there was a reason why it was there. It would jam about three or four times every clip, which was very disappointing to the new owner who was originally really excited to have it.   :-[

This owner was an experienced shooter and was definitely not limp wristing it. After trying several different brands of ammo with the same results, he got rid of it. Maybe it was just that one gun or its magazines, but after witnessing his experience I personally wouldn't buy one without having fired quite a few rounds through it to make sure it worked well.     9mil.mouse

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 01:01:57 AM »
I had a 44 mag desert eagle -- It was pleasant to shoot, for a 44 mag -- frankly, recoiled less than the R9, in certain ways --- was very picky about ammo (jammed routinely, very inaccurate), excessively heavy, ease to clean, and gone as soon as I got old enough to actually own it -- it was my high school graduation present -- I felt bad about selling it, but neither of my parents could figure out why I wanted it in the first place (I wanted to try handgun hunting, and got scared by all the talk about the "horrific" recoil of a super redhawk, etc.)

With that said, it wasn't poorly made, I just think the design didn't work w. anything other than the 50 AE
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline eblackhawk

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 10:57:20 PM »
I have a baby eagle in 9mm with the polymer frame and it is one tough gun!  Never had failures of any kind with any brand of ammo and as such it is my "bedside companion".   My son has the .50AE desert eagle and likewise has not had any problems.  Needless to say, I enthusiastically recommend magnum research products!
                                       Eric

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 10:41:18 AM »
I have one of the Desert Eagles in .50 AE.  It's built like a tank and is literally a BLAST to shoot -- very big, very heavy, and very, very loud.  I like it a lot.  

Here it is with my wife's NAA .22 MiniShort, just for laughs:

I'm told that the Baby Eagle is a lot like its big brother.  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 10:43:30 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 11:09:30 AM »
Richard, I think these guns are too big and dangerous.   ;)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 02:08:58 PM »
Bill:

Those IMI MR .50 AE Desert Eagles are absolutely positively guaranteed to give each and every member of "The Brady Bunch" a galloping case of the shivering fits.   ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline SAWBONES

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 05:35:10 PM »
Back to the Baby Eagle; my only experience was as an observer of another student who brought one to one of John Farnam's advanced defensive handgun classes.
It malfunctioned repeatedly and had to be set aside.
Humani nihil alienum