Author Topic: Veterans Day  (Read 2375 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Veterans Day
« on: November 11, 2015, 09:48:08 AM »
We all like to share pictures of our guns. Today, in observance of Veterans Day, I would like to share a picture of my son, whom I am very proud of. He returned some months ago from a 2 year tour overseas, and is now stationed at Hurlburt Field, Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. All the restaurants in his area are offering free meals today to all Veterans. He has the day off, and he and his friends are all going out to eat.

Most of all, a heartfelt thank you to all our Veterans and servicemen & women who serve our Country.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:29:08 AM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline johnny

• Master
Re: Veterans Day
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 03:50:43 PM »
   That is great!
      Looks like he is proud of his uniform,and that is more than good.That is great!I served two tours in Viet Nam back in 67 and 68.We didn't feel free to wear our uniforms,or even mention that we served back then.
     That all changed for me in 1978.After screwing around for some years I went back to school under the GI.Bill.I took a job in the northern part of Wisconsin teaching on a reservation. If there is a group of people that treat veterans with total respect it was here where I spent the next 38 years. I'm not Indian, but they give me the respect that they give their own.
            Good for your son.
PS. We had to run to Green Bay (The Packers),ever hear of them,this morning and I noticed there were places that offered free meal for the vet.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Veterans Day
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 10:46:06 PM »
I thank your son for his service, as I also thank all the current active duty and veteran members of this Forum for their service to the Nationl

Because of them, this is truly the land of the free because of the brave.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"