Author Topic: Information please  (Read 2784 times)

Offline dctfn

• Sharpshooter
Information please
« on: April 30, 2019, 05:32:22 AM »
  I purchased my pup May 2006. My serial number is between 1400 to 1450. I am curious  to learn of any updates/issues that may have occurred since my purchase, that I should be aware of. In advance your response is much appreciated.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Information please
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 06:49:16 PM »
What does the engraving on the side of the slide say for location?

Farmingdale or Deer Park?

If Deer Park, are the letters "German" looking or are they block letters?

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline dctfn

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 11:05:06 AM »
Hello Eric. Deer Park, German looking letters.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 10:47:44 PM »
Ok. . . . . The slide on your R9 is the early design machined from 17-4 ph stainless steel billets. The barrels are 416 stainless steel. We changed to machining both the slide and the barrels from 416 due to finding that the similar metals wore better than the two different metals, being 416 barrel and a 17-4 slide. We were using the best stainless we could find, however, as we progressed, we found the similar metals of 416 barrel & slide wore better for the longer haul. We also "beefed up" the slide by making the later generation slides slightly fatter. If you intend to carry it a lot and shoot it a little, you should be fine with it. I just wouldn't go putting hundreds of rounds through it like a Glock due to the fact that the R9s of the early generation were actually the smallest ones made and they got some "mid-life fat" added to them as we went along for better durability purposes. Overall, if the gun was keep nice and not shot too much, carry it and enjoy it.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline dctfn

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 12:49:53 AM »
 My gun has only been to the range one time, when I first purchased it. It performed well. I submitted a range report at that time. Winchester Silver Tips 115 gr performed the best.

Thanks for the update on the progression of manufacturing. Your time explaining is much appreciated. Best regards, Fred

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 08:04:27 AM »
You're quite welcome Fred.

I will continue to offer my help here any way I can, even if it's just for support.

Best to you and All here.

Sincerely,

Eric R

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 08:23:01 AM »
  Over the years I have carried many Glocks, a small revolver,a1911,and my R9.
And I know I have mentioned this on this forum more than once,as far as I'm concerned none of the guns I've mentioned here are as concealable or as comfortable as the Rohrbaugh.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 09:31:30 PM »
  Over the years I have carried many Glocks, a small revolver,a1911,and my R9.
And I know I have mentioned this on this forum more than once,as far as I'm concerned none of the guns I've mentioned here are as concealable or as comfortable as the Rohrbaugh.

R9 is definitely my choice for front pocket carry.  I have a 13oz S&W j-frame that just doesn't compare when in the front pocket. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 08:36:01 PM »
Nice to hear such comments fellas. . . . Thank You and I'm glad you are still enjoying your Rohrbaughs!

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh