Author Topic: David Brown Holsters  (Read 4152 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
David Brown Holsters
« on: August 06, 2004, 01:23:36 AM »
Those who are paying attention know that David Brown, a holster maker in Tucson, Arizona joined the board recently and is trying to get his hands on an R-9.

I talked with David and happened to be headed to Tucson on business this week.  In fact, I am in Tucson as I write this.  Anyway, David invited me out to his shop to see his stuff in person.  I visited with him (and played with all his cool toys) this afternoon.

Dave works only in kydex and does a whole range of holsters -- pocket, IWB, IWB tuckable, belt and more -- plus knife sheaths of all kinds.  I have to say the guy is an artist.  Blade-Tech has nothing on David in my opinion.  Plus, he has some really original stuff -- different colored kydex, carbon fiber, multi-layer colored stuff.  Its very cool and great quality stuff.  You can see it at www.buybrownholsters.com.

We have an abundance of custom leathermakers on this board, and I hope not to offend any of them.  Everyone knows my feelings about K&D Holsters and RJ's fine work.  But -- if you are itching for kydex -- neither Kevin or RJ will scratch it!

David hopes to have R-9 availability soon -- but not yet.  Anyway -- its always nice to know the man behind the website, and Dave's stuff is worth your consideration.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: David Brown Holsters
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 09:45:58 PM »
Thx for heads up Duane  ... it's good to have yet more talent to add to this young board. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline David_Brown

Re: David Brown Holsters
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 12:01:26 PM »
Thanks for the good words Duane
It was very nice to talk with you, now if I can just get one of these amazing pistols that would be great any of you knife fans out there I have lots of trading material.
www.buybrownholsters.com
azgunnut@earthlink.net
making quality kydex products since 1999