Author Topic: Paddle holster question.  (Read 3679 times)

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
Paddle holster question.
« on: September 04, 2005, 03:11:57 AM »
Folks I am new here and very proud of my new R-9 (R5XX with the Bayport factory location marked on it).  I truly appreciate all of the information you have provided me on this web site.

The question I would like to ask is regarding a paddle holster for the R-9.  Which one?  I like to carry on my right hip in a paddle holster and have been thinking of one of the Kydex types buybrownholsters.com sells on here.  I also wonder if any one has tried an Uncle Mike's paddle holster with any luck and if so what model fits the R-9 well.  I most likely will contact kdholsters.com for an inside the waistband holster or has any one found anything else they can recommend.  I mean no disrespect to the honorable RJ and his fine holsters.  I just do not use a pocket holster.  Thank you!

Respectfully,
Jim
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 04:17:33 AM by bigyimmy »

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: Paddle holster question.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 11:35:53 AM »
I think Kevin at K&D holsters would custom make you a paddle holster to your specifications! 8) :D
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 07:07:31 AM »
I appreciate the reply.  I am now in the process of ordering from Mr. Brown at www.buybrownholsters.com .  I am getting a horizontal belt/waistband mounting magazine holder and paddle holster.  I ended up deciding to go with Kydex because of the light weight and strength.  If I sweat it will not be adsorbed by leather.  I will post with how my order comes out.  I have always carried for years and feel this may be what is best for me.
Respectfully,
Jim

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 07:02:06 PM »
I received my Kydex holster today and I am very pleased.  I also had Mr. Brown make a horizontal carry belt mounted magazine holder from Kydex.  The quality on both items was very good.  I gladly would recommend him to others.  If any one wants photos posted or have questions I will try to help.  This truly is a nice set up.  Thanks David Brown you did a very nice job!

www.buybrownholsters.com

I couple other items I have bought of interest are an Uncle Mikes Size 1 inside the pants holster with thumb break and a Uncle Mikes Size 3 pocket holster.  I most likely will not use these two items much, but they each have there times they will be put into service.

I also purchased two nylon pouches good for carrying magazines.  Each pouch is of a different size and can mount vertically or horizontally on a belt.  Please see the two links below for those items.

http://www.countycomm.com/inova%20pouch.htm

And

http://www.countycomm.com/ccmagpouch.htm

I have not written any gun articles.  I don’t hunt.  I have never shot any one.  I am just a family guy wanting to protect his loved ones.  I have carried for many years and know carrying a gun is a hassle.  I would not carry a big gun very often because of the size and weight and that is why I spent the money for the R9 and all of the stuff that works for me to go along with it.  My wife always says “a girl has to accessorize”.  Well maybe I do to!  LOL

Great forum you all!  I am glad to be here.

Respectfully,
Jim
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 08:13:15 PM by bigyimmy »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 07:44:42 PM »
Jim, welcome and great to hear about your choices.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 12:47:38 PM »
Jim - welcome to the forum - look forward to hearing from you.

Tom:   are you getting any rain down in Dallas from Rita?
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 11:18:12 PM »
Dave, Rita went east and we are getting any rain yet.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline David_Brown

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 03:53:01 PM »
Thank you very much for the complemnts
Enjoy & if you need anything else please let me know
www.buybrownholsters.com
azgunnut@earthlink.net
making quality kydex products since 1999