Author Topic: R9 Elite Premium Model Specifications Note  (Read 15128 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: R9 Elite Premium Model Specifications Note
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 06:36:16 PM »
Hey Ken. . . . . How the heck are you!? Ha haa . . . . . I do remember that issue with the slide! Wow...........

There were things that happen in life Ken and while we did enjoy what we did at Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp. to the max as they say,
when the unsolicited offer came in from Remington Arms Corp. at just the right time, Karl and I discussed it either way and we decided to go with their offer.

It was that simple. . . . . . and the timing was right also. I won't go into details.

Glad you still have her Ken as I'll be darned if I can't find those photographs anywhere right now, and I have been looking rather feverously for them to post here, especially the internal shots of the polished trigger sear bar, plunger and other items. They were very special when we put those together.
If you can help us all out here with a few photos of Serial Number "16 of 16", that would be great!

"The Cats Meow" as it were.

Hope all is well by you and your family Ken and thank you for trusting in our design and purchasing one of sixteen!

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 12:54:35 PM »
What does "Red Ox" refer to?

It is PROBABLY red oxide. That is a type of material used in a blasting cabinet. It is very fine.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline BroWatch

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 10:17:25 PM »
Not sure if this is the same gun.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=8654.0

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 10:41:45 PM »
Not sure if this is the same gun.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=8654.0

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

That is an Elite.  Elite Premium is a special edition with serial numbers "1 of 16" through "16 of 16"

Offline weskro

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 12:08:25 AM »
I have number 9 of 16. I bought two at the same time, one for an EDC and the other as an investment piece.  It's still in the original box with the blue pillow and gold key.   I'll get some photos of it.

I have three of them now, all different models.  I had no idea the company is no longer manufacturing them, that's a shame because they are very nice. 

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 09:39:33 AM »
I have number 9 of 16. I bought two at the same time, one for an EDC and the other as an investment piece.  It's still in the original box with the blue pillow and gold key.   I'll get some photos of it.

I have three of them now, all different models.  I had no idea the company is no longer manufacturing them, that's a shame because they are very nice.
bad ass. 

Offline bigjimmyk

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2018, 12:53:56 AM »
I guess I'll add to the pile. 11 of 16, still nestled in its box (most of the time).

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2018, 07:48:49 AM »
Beautiful gun. I wish I had made two more. . . . One for me and one for Karl. Oh well. . . . . . . .   All good. 

At least I still have #2 and "The Last Rohrbaugh". . . . . .  ha haa . . . . . .

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 08:02:04 PM »
I just noticed grips weren't mentioned on the hand written spec sheet.  Were they all black CF?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2018, 08:50:26 PM »
The grips on the Premiums were from Karl and My own personal stock of the early first run black carbon fiber grips we were holding on to for that special occasion that we needed something very special for. The 16 Premiums won those grip sets!

Eric R.

Offline weskro

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2018, 11:42:37 PM »
New #9.  All original and the cardboard box is in mint condition stored as well.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 09:45:54 PM »
So nice to see these around.

It sure makes me proud that you folks enjoy them.

Eric R.

Offline weskro

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2018, 10:29:07 PM »
Amazing craftsmanship. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2018, 05:01:28 PM »
Thank you weskro. I love that you have her on display in the presentation case.

You take care and be safe out there.

Oh, and welcome to the forum also good Sir.

Eric R.

Offline KenU

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2020, 04:33:57 PM »
To Eric and all of you,

I haven't posted in over 2 years and since that time I've managed to get the hang of posting photos on other sites from my Mac Pro computer. In fact many gun sites. Not this one, unfortunately - for some reason. I've reduced the image sizes, even smaller than the 640x480 recommendation, saved them to my desktop, hit "Choose File", file shows and won't attach - nothing!
That post was about my Elite Premium #16 of 16. Eric had asked for a photo which I was unable (read not tech savvy at the time) to post it. So, as I have been holed up for the past month or so I decided to revisit this site and forgot about that post from 2018.

Is it imperative that I get a couple of photos over to hosting sites? If that's the case, it's deal breaker for me. Any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Ken