Author Topic: Flawless operation  (Read 3806 times)

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: Flawless operation
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2005, 09:23:42 PM »
Doug,

It looks like you have a winner.  Glad to hear the success story.

Mine is also doing fine up to this point.

I hope the day will come when everybody has a reliable pistol.

Bill

Offline WoodstockDoug

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2005, 04:03:21 PM »
BTW, I forgot to add that I didn't find recoil to be the least bit uncomfortable, nor did I have any trouble holding the gun.  I may try some of the skateboard tape to see if it improves anything, but after this first range session, I can't say I feel any real need for it.  

Peace, Love, and Superior Firepower
Woodstock Doug

Offline SAWBONES

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005, 06:00:07 PM »
I have to agree about the recoil and holding of the R-9S.

The recoil isn't "punishing" at all, though there's enough muzzle flip that I haven't even thought about trying to practice quick consecutive shots. (At least not yet; maybe I will later if I can get the FTF issue with my particular gun  worked out.)

I find the gun easy to hold onto either one or two handed.
I did try adding some grip tape to the front and backstraps after reading about it here, but found I didn't need it and thought it looked cheesy, so I removed it. (I think mine was stair tape, which was all I could find at the hardware store!)
Humani nihil alienum

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 09:07:23 AM »
Well, 63 more rounds through the R9s with no hiccups.  Two mags of 115 GDHP and 50 of Fed American Eagle.  I also did some rapid fire shots for the first time.  Emptied the mag as quick as I could pull the trigger with the front site on target.  Kept all hits in the "kill zone" from 7 yards.  Didn't think I would be able to do that.  I did add some grip tape on front and back strap, which absolutely helped with the twist factor I had with shooting the R9s.