Author Topic: First range trip – Very disappointing  (Read 14468 times)

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: First range trip – Very disappointing
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2005, 07:43:28 AM »
He's close to the Rohrbaugh factory, drive it down the and shoot it.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2005, 03:55:43 PM »
Newt, Now that is a great idea!   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline TW

• Grand Master
First range trip – Very disappointing
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2005, 04:55:29 PM »

That IS a good idea, but I wouldn't just drive over and pop in...or expect to, anyway.

I would suggest you call Maria, and humbly present your story.  Maybe ask for Karl or Eric to call you back.  Tell them you have not been able to determine if the problem is you or the gun and don't know what else to do...perhaps this gun just isn't meant to be for you...but before you get rid of it you are wondering if it might be possible to bring the gun to them and have them watch you shoot it...?

In reality this might be asking a lot of these guys because they really are not set up to deal with retail issues like this.  But then these are not ordinary guys, and in the name of customer satisfaction AND trying to better understand a problem a customer is having with this gun...they may be open to this idea...?  Worth a try...TW<<

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2005, 05:22:34 PM »
Sound advice TW      Tom

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2005, 02:25:03 AM »

I actually thought of that, but didn't really look into it because I don't think I can legally bring a pistol into New York.  The FOPA allows me to pass through a state with the pistol locked up in the trunk, as long as I am legal at both ends of my trip.  Don't I need some kind of license in NY to possess a pistol?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2005, 10:55:45 AM »
If that is a problem you could ship it and follow it
up with a visit.

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2005, 08:50:09 PM »
I want to the rabge again today and since I was in a good mood I brought the R9s along just for the heck of it.  I recently bought a new type of ammo I had not tried before.  Blazer brass 115gr.  It's made by CCI but it has, as it's name implies, brass casing instead of aluminum.  

While truing it in my Sig 239 I noticed that it had a fairly light recoil for a 115gr round.  I loaded some in to the R9s and put several magazines thoough without a hitch!

Then I loaded some more RA9T - the Winchester JHP SD ammo I like - and fired 14 rounds again without a hitch!

If it was just the new ammo making the pistol happy I could understand, but all of a sudden it ate my faviroite SD ammo with no problems, even though on the last range trip I had nothing but problems.  

I can't figure this thing out.  Maybe it likes to be warm?  

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2005, 12:34:16 PM »
Maybe the R9 liked your new grip!!!     Tom

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2005, 02:00:35 PM »
Maybe the R9 liked your new grip!!!     Tom

;) ;D
RJ=

Offline HKILP7M8

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2005, 05:34:29 PM »
Hey Jarcher, I'm in CT., I'll be around this weekend, after that I'm in Florida for 3 weeks. If you can meet this weekend I may be able to do a comparison with you and your R9.
HKILP7M8

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2005, 03:59:28 AM »
Guys, I didn't change my grip.  

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2005, 04:01:23 AM »
Hey Jarcher, I'm in CT., I'll be around this weekend, after that I'm in Florida for 3 weeks. If you can meet this weekend I may be able to do a comparison with you and your R9.

Hey, thanks!  Where in CT?  I have a CT carry permit so this is great!  Sorry for the delayed reply, I just saw your reply now.  You can email me directly at jim@archer.net and I'm happy to supply my phone number via direct email.

Can we do Sunday?

Thanks again!

Jim
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 04:01:59 AM by jarcher »

Offline HKILP7M8

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2005, 05:26:38 PM »
Hey Jarcher, the place I would have gone to is closed on Sundays. I'm leaving for Florida on Tuesday, I'll be back June 6th, we can do it sometime after that. I have a place in Stamford, the place I go to is Shooting Sports in Norwalk.

I haven't had too many problems with my pistol, I've noticed however that at or towards the end of my shooting session when my hand tends to be more tired, I start to get some failures to feed. Not too many though.

Even if you figure out your problem, maybe we can still get together and compare the pistols and stuff.
HKILP7M8

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2005, 11:02:30 PM »
Even if you figure out your problem, maybe we can still get together and compare the pistols and stuff.

Sounds great, thanks very much!  Have a good trip and I look forward to meeting you early June.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
First range trip – Very disappointing
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2005, 01:18:34 AM »

Sounds great, thanks very much!  Have a good trip and I look forward to meeting you early June.

>>And once again, The Rohrbaugh Forum succeeds in putting together people and pistols towards the cause of better understanding, using, and promoting the AMAZING R9 Semi Auto...!  **Clap, Clap, Clap**...TW<<