Author Topic: Finally added grip tape  (Read 4869 times)

Offline sslater

• Master
Re: Finally added grip tape
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 08:23:18 PM »
After seeing the posts on slip-on sleeves, I ordered a Pachmayr slip-on thru Midway.  It had one finger groove, which I didn't care for.  So I ground it off.  The sleeve fit without any other mods - cleared everything.

Got to the range today and fired 35 rounds.  I noticed afterward that I didn't notice any discomfort.  Zero, Zip, nada.  And I really liked the grip tape.  Guess I'll take the tape off some day.  For now the grip sleeve covers it nicely. :D

Steve

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 01:10:44 AM »
P.S.

I'm at work right now and the Pachmayr package is at home, however, the web address below is the product that I ordered. The Midway description, doesn't list the size but does have the mfgr. product number and under tech specifications it lists several weapons that it fits, ie. Colt 380 Govt. etc.

For me, it's a perfect fit with about 1/8 inch or so to be trimmed off  at the front, bottom edge. I haven't trimmed it yet but it does interfere slightly with the magazine. If you have "fat fingers", the finger groove might be a problem. My fingers aren't particularly big and it fits like a glove. :) The effect in my hand was very positive, less felt recoil and better grip to stay on target for follow up's. :)

I tested it out at the range Saturday morning and was very happy with it and the R9 ;D .

What made it even better was finding the MagTech 92.6 gr. solid copper hollow points 8) . The Mag Techs fed exceptionally well and the accuracy was decent. My next outing later this week will determine if the accuracy thing was the ammo or the shooter ;) .

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=667849

Good Shooting,
Thunderbolt    

I noticed in another thread earlier today that someone mentioned they use size #4 on their Rohrbaugh. That makes sense, since the #4 is the smallest size. #4 would be too small for the MK9, but the #3 works great.

It surprises me though that you had to trim any off of the grip, since I didn't have to trim any off the #3 (larger one) for my MK9, so maybe you have size #3.

Ok, just looked some more and it says it fits the Colt .380 and Walther PP and PPK/S (larger), but not the PPK (smaller), so I'd bet that what you have is size 3.

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 06:57:10 PM »
I noticed on Midway that it doesn't specifically list the size (1-4) but instead gives S,M, and L. Any way to know whether the small is a 3 or a 4?
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline Thunderbolt

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 08:23:45 PM »
Okay Guys, here's the 411; I finally found the package this thing (Pachmayr slip on) came in  :)

"Slip on Pistol Grip #4"   8)
"Since you have chosen to elect a man with a timber toe to succeed me, you may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."   Hon. Davey Crockett

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »
And you ordered the small size from Midway? Did you have to cut or trim it in any way?
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline Larry

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 03:40:44 PM »
I just applied stick on grip tape to my pup.  It is 3M CLEAR which I not only applied to front and rear straps, but also on the flat surface part of the grip itself.  It is almost invisible on the straps, but looks like dried silicone rubber over the grip surface.  However, it comes off easily without residue.  It is NOT abrasive/sandpaper variety.  It does produce a firmer hold.  I will report back after going to the range.  I procured one foot of 4" wide for 2 dollars, so I may try it without the pieces on the grips as well. the rear lower grip screws are covered, but access would be easy by just peeling back very little. When I get time to set up posting photos, I will share this project as well. BTW, I obtained from my local BOW(Boat Owners Warehouse) store.  Larry

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 01:20:25 AM »
I ordered a PAchmyer (don't remember which number) a while ago and it sat for a while.  I finally removed the grip tape and put the pachmyer on last week.  Have not been to the range yet, but I'll make it there soon.