Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 11488 times)

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: Hello...
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 06:04:46 PM »
Welcome Jessica,

Go to Chris' site as Richard stated on the first page for many answers on the R9.

As far as ammo I have had success with Winchester 115 gr Silvertips and Speer Golddots 115 gr jacket hollow points.

The guys here would probably pay me not to post a picture of myself holding my R9 in a swimsuit.  :)  Oh to be 27 again.  

You are very gun savy - may be a credit to your wonderful husband.  As stated he is a hero in all of our hearts - and so are people as yourself to have suppoted him in his decision to protect our country and way of life.  

Proud to know you Jessica.

Take care and join in often.

Dave
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 06:18:55 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline R9GiRl

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 03:12:06 PM »
It's come to my attention that people around here think I'm either a wacky stripper or a delusional man.  I'm shocked really.  Is it my knowledge of 2 guns or the magazine mod I learned from this forum?  Is it the "unbelievable story"?  I can show proof to support ALL of my statements.  The pics I agree, were too forward.  I just figured a "ice breaker" into a male majority forum.  This is my first forum, ever.  My husband told me to buy a HKp2000sk, I didn't want anything to do with firearms then.  Finally, I bought one, stolen.  Having it made me realize I needed something smaller.  A Google search for the smallest 9mm introduced me to the R9 and this forum.   I do not socialize much and I guess I take advantage of the time I can express myself.  I need a man's advice with a gun, I wanted it here (where else for a R9)?  A little insight to my history, I thought, would bring some respect and genuine welcoming to pursue questions and concerns I may have.  Why would someone act like the opposite sex on a forum?  Is that the norm around here or other forums?  A crazy stripper!?  Offense taken.  I work hard everyday and take care of my children BY MYSELF!  I work in a hospital and have varying hours.  A wacky stripper!?  Can I ask how you would know what they act like?  I see the male dominance here.  I know it's absolutely crazy in today's time to have an educated 27 year old female who can articulate her words and have some political knowledge, enough to express herself in an open public forum.  I did not come here to cause problems or manipulate the board for the $5 million dollar contest, or the R9 giveaway, or free anything other than information and acceptance.  For the nice people who have helped me, thank you.  For the rude, offending skeptics, you win.  Keep posting people, there's very good info and I am learning alot.  Goodbye...

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 05:25:52 PM »
Wow, where did that come from? That drift you got from
someone was not on this forum to my knowledge and it
most certainly does not represent the majority here.

I always take people at their word and believed everything
you said. We are very happy to have female participation
here because it is both pleasant and rare.

Whoever did that owes you an apology and should keep his
suspicions to himself which is where they belong.  

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 05:53:34 PM »
R9GiRl:

I don't know what happened, but it's regrettable.

As for any attitudes of so-called "male dominance" . . . I've never had much patience with that sort of thing.  My father died in 1942 and my mother, a teacher who never remarried, rasied me as an only child.  She gave me my father's Winchester .22 when I was nine years old, taught me the rules of gun safety and how to shoot, enrolled me in the NRA, and turned me loose along the banks of the Arkansas River to supplement our larder.  She was the toughest person I've ever known.  I'm now married to a criminal judge, a woman who is absolutely beautiful on the outside but on the inside is the second toughest person I've ever known.  In between those two paragons, I've seen any number of women in various overheated corners of the world who could cause even the strongest of men to keep close watch over their shoulders.

Best of luck to you . . . and please post a report on your first range session with the R9.  

(I just read Tracker's message which he posted as I was writing mine.  I often find myself in agreement with positions he expresses on this Forum.  I do so here again.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 06:00:47 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Ubik380

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 05:56:31 PM »
This last post from R9GiRl is like a hand grenade at a cocktail party! Just goes to show how little we see this sort of thing (i.e. unexpected angry outburst) on this site. The web is a funny place; not like real life. Or maybe it is?

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 06:07:25 PM »
Jessica,

I don't know what happened, but I can assure you that you are wanted here.  Please post often.

We are all equal here and there are no special class distinctions that I know about.

I enjoy reading your posts.

Bill

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 07:03:11 PM »
Jessica,

I am going to guess and say that you have been getting some PM's on the board, right?  Pay them no attention.

The web is a place where anyone can be whoever they want but untill I am presented with evidence to the contrary I believe what anyone posts and don't think about any other possibilities or scenarios or ulterior motives.  Sometimes you have to have a thick skin on messageboards.  If you have been getting some strange PM's than that means whoever posted them is not confident to post them on an open forum so you can take those strange PM's and delete them to the intergalactic bit bucket.  I have not checked out the PM options on this board but see if you can't block PM's from specific individuals.

I am anxious to hear about your first impressions of your first range trip.  I really want to know if you are going to be comfortable with the recoil.

Post as often as you want, you are welcome here.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 09:11:29 PM »
Wow - that was a bolt from the blue Jessica - really.

I had not seen anything earlier that I would have felt was other than in the spirit of friendliness - we are not here to demean anyone or agrandize the male shooter, or try and make fun of lady shooters.  Heck, we have far too few of them as it is and I am always more than pleased to see ladies taking responsibility for their own safety.

I wonder too if PM's were sent to you - if so please PM me with details as it is only DDGator and me who moderate here - and usually that is an easy task.  However, if something is amiss we want to know about it.

I will apologise right now for what may have offended and just hope you will see that we are a bunch of pretty sincere and honorable folk.  I also would be very keen to hear a report from you re the R9 - we like to amass info all the time.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 09:27:02 PM »
Jessica,

I am especially interested to see how you enjoy the new R9S.
Please be sure and tell how it is going.

All the folks here are just regular people and very friendly.

......One thing that I did think of:  Sometimes we do find some strange people on the Internet.   Just to be safe, it may be better not to give your complete name and location.

It's just not worth the hassle.  I used mine one time, but quickly edited it out on another forum.

After a while, some of the folks here know where the others live, because we might trade a holster or pistol, and you need the mailing address.

Bill

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 08:00:18 AM by Michigunner »

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 09:46:06 PM »
Hi Jessica,

I have participated in MANY forums, but presently only post here and at Total Protection Interactive, primarily because so many other boards are populated by idiots and trolls.  While this is a good group, we are unfortunately not immune.

I agree with the advice of limiting the information you post.  I use my first name only, and Pittsburgh is no longer my present location.

Many of us value female participation here because many of us have wives that we care about and want to keep safe.  Finding guns, holsters, etc. that work for a women is 2-3 times as difficult as doing so for a man, so posting your questions and your experiences here will help others in ways that you may never know.

Do take Chris up on his offer to pursue the matter of the troublesome PM's.  The very few problems we have had here have been well handled.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 10:26:57 PM »
R9Girl,
Sorry to hear that some one has felt the need to go "off-Board" to give you grief..
It is absolutely not a thing that we condone here..

Please let one of the mods know of any problems,and they will take care of it most expediently!!

Stay and share..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 11:58:27 PM »
One curious thing about this dialogue is that "SS Pursuit"
posted a message here to Jessica to check her pm. That
post no longer exists here; why is that and is it relevant
to the offensive pm that Jessica received and relayed to
us in no uncertain terms? If I am off base on this, let me
know.

Offline jaycee

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 12:31:50 AM »
No tracker, you are not off base. I was thinking the same thing myself. I saw the post that you were referring to, and I thought that it was just my imagination, your are right. :)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 12:45:08 AM »
Thanks for the confirm, Jaycee.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2006, 04:50:21 AM »
I also recall that "temporary" post.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"