Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 11509 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Hello...
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2006, 09:46:58 PM »
Derek - Hi and welcome :)

Tom (Irish Guard) is the guy to approach if you want a pup sooner rather than later - worth a try.

Jessica - if you still slipped by to read - good luck and bon voyage :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2006, 09:47:10 PM »
Many of us got our R9s from Tom Watson (theirishguard) here on the forum.  Many times he has them on stock and gets new guns in regularly.

Tom is currently off line for awhile longer for medical reasons.  Hopefully he will be back in a few weeks.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2006, 09:52:12 PM »
Derek,

Welcome to the forum.  Please come back often.

Bill

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2006, 10:42:09 PM »
Derek,

Do you know if DELETED PM's are kept on the servers disk and/or are DELETED PM's included as part of a backup.  I am thinking that somehow, sometime, deleted PM's have to dissapear.  If not it would be like your ISP keeping a copy of all your old Emails which they do not.  They keep a record of when you were online and what your IP address was during that time but not a record of every keystroke you make.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline perraultd

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2006, 12:18:39 AM »
Thank you for the terrific welcome, everyone.

I have certainly observed, from previous posts, Tom Watson's knack for getting hold of, and selling R9s.  By all accounts he is a pleasure to deal with and I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Mike:
That's a great question, and one I don't have the answer to at the moment.  Even if a user deletes a received PM, it may still exist in the sender's outbox.  As for if/when complete deletion takes place, I really don't know.  There are several directions the YABB team could have taken and all have their pros and cons.  It's worth checking out, though.