Author Topic: Still Considering.....  (Read 13015 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Still Considering.....
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2005, 09:19:27 AM »
It is important to look at the R9s as a whole. 99+% are very happy with their pup. Only a few guns have had problems and Rohrbaugh is working on those.
I'm not worried about carrying mine and I have a lot of customers who agree with me.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2005, 12:03:55 PM »
My R9s has been flawless since I got it.  I carry it near everyday in my front pocket.  I don't clean it untill after a trip to the range, which is about once a month with this gun.  So, it goes from lint filled pocket for about two to four weeks to range time with anywhere from two mags to 50 rounds through it to clean and lube to pocket.  No failures for the 9 months or so of this cycle.  

So, for me the $900 price tag was worth it, and it is also very nice to fondle and just look at.  When you hold one you will understand.

On a slightly different note I got a strange comment from someone at the range the last time.  He said nice gun, but expensive for a 9mm.  ? ???  Does that mean it wouldn't be expensive if it was a .45?  I don't get it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 12:09:21 PM by Rocnerd »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2005, 12:19:06 PM »
Yes, I beleive that is exactly what that comment meant.  People pay $1,000 and much more for guns in .45 ACP all the time, so it is more palatable...  ???
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 12:19:29 PM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2005, 04:09:45 PM »
That guy at the range should see the tag on a Sig 210.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2005, 07:25:38 PM »
Yes, I beleive that is exactly what that comment meant.  People pay $1,000 and much more for guns in .45 ACP all the time, so it is more palatable...  ???

Yea-I see this and hear it all the time..
Although it is okay to spend a K on an HK P7M8,or a Walther P5..  ;) Even though they are 9s.. :)

I think some of it is the "size" too..Don't know why- but it is better to buy a Desert Eagle than a pocket rocket for the same price!! :o ;)
I own a couple of those listed above too.. ;D

My pup(s) have been a joy.. 8)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Bubbaman

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2005, 07:44:44 PM »
Well, I'm postponing buying a "Pup" for a while. I'm gonna try the Seecamp LWS .32 along with my Nighthawk for the time being. Then, I'll decide when to get the R9 and the LWS .380. I'll post a picture or two of my semi-pocket Springfield Micro Compact .40 when it gets back from Randy at Fireblade Systems. http://firebladesystems.com/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 07:45:32 PM by Bubbaman »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2005, 10:47:12 PM »
The thread rests.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2005, 12:39:13 AM »
Hopefully, it will not be resurrected by a purchase from
Bubbaman--not sure we could stand much more hand-
wringing and consultation. Vaya con Dios, Bubbaman.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2005, 09:04:37 AM »
I have to give him some credit.  He does not jump into anything too fast.  At times, I thought he was fooling with us, just a little bit.

tracker, you are a funny guy today, but you did not compromise the good friendly spirit found here on the forum.   :)

Everytime I read your posts, I wish it was me who had "flung my craft through footless halls of air.......Where never the lark, nor even eagle flew".  

I'm very envious that you are an aviator.  It's so amazing that you can fly IFR without seeing the wing tips sometimes.

I probably would have been the dummy who tried to fly under the bridge.

Bill  

Offline Bubbaman

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2005, 09:09:22 AM »
Oh.... I'm not gone. I'll be around some to check R&D, etc. Thanks again. 8)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2005, 10:00:13 AM »
I would spend that much time researching the product if I was buying a Lear jet. ::) :o
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Bubbaman

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2005, 11:24:34 AM »
 :P

Offline Bubbaman

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2007, 01:52:48 AM »
Funny - I came back to check on the R9 and somehow this thread doesn't seem as funny as before. I don't remember saying one bad thing about Rohrbaugh and it's kinda like I got trashed for investigating......  :-/

Offline ROKTMAN

• Expert
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »
I would spend that much time researching the product if I was buying a Lear jet. ::) :o
Tom
;D ;D

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2007, 10:49:40 AM »
Funny - I came back to check on the R9 and somehow this thread doesn't seem as funny as before. I don't remember saying one bad thing about Rohrbaugh and it's kinda like I got trashed for investigating......  :-/
I agree with you.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Rohrbaugh fan and have been since before they even went into production. But there have definitely been more than a few R9's that have been unreliable. I had one of them. I don't blame you one bit for being hesitant about buying one.
Having said that, the Rohrbaugh brothers are great guys and will do whatever it takes to make your gun work. Sending the gun back to them multiple times is still painful though. Since the stronger magazine spring solution, the problem guns have mostly disappeared. Mine seems to be working 100% now. I now feel confident in recommending the R9 as a carry weapon, but that wasn't always the case.