Author Topic: FBI-CIA?  (Read 18908 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: FBI-CIA?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »
The seller states the gun has been in his safe for 5 yrs., when I told him if it were five years old I believed  it would be a Farmingdale mfg., his reply was "so 4 yrs. does it make a differance" and the statement that they are $2000 now, I think he needs to gwt out more. Well a couple of hours and I think that gun will be yours.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 02:48:57 PM »
Yankee

You know the one about how a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I don't want to be this guy's friend; I only want the CF grip R9S.

His statement about $2000 price tag is invented or mistaken from a SF R9.

I will know in about 20 minutes what happens. If I don't get it, I have a backup plan.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 04:07:57 PM »
ACP!  Congratulations!!  I see you won the bid!!   ;D    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 04:16:57 PM »
Yeah, but I have not received an email notification. Every other time I have won a gunbroker auction I have received a quick email notification.

Since I have contact information of seller I emailed him asking him to affirm bid and accept my intention to send him money order and fax my guy's FFL.

He has not responded. I was hoping to finalize this matter but I don't understand what is going on. I will give it a day and implement backup plan if seller does not respond.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »
This person looks like he has 380 transactions, so you should be ok.  Though, I do like immediatecy as well.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 05:02:35 PM »
Congratulations, I think.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 05:24:49 PM »
Thank you guys. I spent a career chasing recalcitrant vendors and I am not a patient person. I already stepped on my own toes by disclosing rarity of CF grips which seller then posted on the auction.

When I log into gunbroker it says "congratulations". However, I have not received email notification nor has seller responded to my email request to affirm my intention of sending him money order. (This is that new car with no gas or gun with no ammo circumstance).

The guy's numbers are impressive on gunbroker. But, given the previous attempts to correspond, combined with the testimony of others, I do not have a warm feeling about this.

If I have no response within 24 hours I will invoke "Termination for Cause" which is a valid remedy for a nonresponsive seller. Backup plan is to buy another R9, of course!

If this guy had responded he would have already known the Express Mail tracking number with postal money order enclosed.

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 06:09:57 PM »
Since he thinks a standard R9 is worth $2000, he probably figures he should have gotten $2500 for this uber-rare one.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:10:18 PM by sdlsaginaw »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »
Congratulations, ACP! When you consider that the CF grips alone would now bring $300+ on this Forum, that there appears to be an extra magazine in the package, and that you did indeed want to own the pistol, you did well for yourself.

"I love it when a plan comes together."  8)  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »
Thank you and the point is not lost on me as to the value of the CF grips for which I am spending an acceptable premium.

However, if the seller does not respond the matter is moot.

Offline Scax

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 07:26:07 PM »
Hi ACP - Congrats on the win.  I've often received delayed notifications from GunBroker when I win an auction there - so, I wouldn't worry at all.  The seller is likely on his way home from work or out spending your money- lol.  Hope it's a nice one.
Charles

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 08:01:17 PM »
Scax

Thank you. However, he can't spend money he doesn't have and that would be my money order.

Wait, could this be? Is the seller impersonating the government spending stimulous money that he doesn't have?

I am grateful for your recommendation to give this time. Friday transactions are hateful to me because the weekend interferes with commerce.

I usually move on Sundays in order to set things up for an achieveable goal, within a given weeek, via premium deliveries.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 09:00:55 PM »
Man ACP, give the guy a little time.  Most people, including me, don't sit around the computer waiting on their auctions to close.  He will respond.  His numbers proves he is legit.  Congrats on the buy!!  

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 09:18:51 PM »
Congrats on winning the auction. I was not going any more than the $1175 and was releaved when the bid went to $1200
because I found one with the CF grips new in the box at a shop in FL and it was less than the $1175 shipped to my FFL.
It should be at my dealers on Monday.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 09:26:07 PM »
Corey,

I may have opened a door for unintended consequences when I announced to the forum that I was high bidder. While your recommendation to wait has merit, I reserve the right to be disappointed.

Every prior transaction I have made on gunbroker is contrary to my experience with this deal. However, the sun will rise and tomorrow is another day.