Author Topic: FBI-CIA?  (Read 19024 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: FBI-CIA?
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 07:21:23 AM »
7000 rounds of .22 on hand? No wonder there is a shortage.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2009, 07:38:49 AM »
Wow!!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline robertd

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2009, 07:40:45 AM »
Glad you were successful in your quest. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. My model 41 thrives on CCI std. vel. Someone give a "heads-up" if you see any. I bought the last I found a Midway 2 months ago.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2009, 09:17:41 AM »
I was talking to a guy I know from a local forum and he said he has over 30k rds. of ammo.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2009, 09:54:33 AM »
Another wow!!   :)    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2009, 10:25:08 AM »
That man needs more than a safe -- he needs an underground bunker.   :o

All of which somehow reminded me of stories passed down to me by my uncles about my father, who died in 1942. They used to talk about what an extraordinary shot he was with his 1906 Winchester .22 rifle. They would also recount tales about how, as a young man back in the red clay and black jacks of southern Oklahoma in the 1930s when times were hard and before WWII, he would make it a point of pride to take only one bullet with him when going rabbit hunting -- explaining to anyone who cared to listen that he only intended to shoot one rabbit. They also said that the rabbit would almost inevitably be brought back having been harvested with a head shot "so as not to spoil the meat."  

8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
VRe: FBI-CIA?
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2009, 10:35:25 AM »
Richard's post reminds me of the vietnam movie "The Deerhunter". One shot, which augers toward the hunter's one bullet carried into the field and movie's ultimate plot.

For the record, the CF grip R9 that started this string is going forward nicely. As soon as we overcame communication start up issues, seller was impressed at the speed with which I forwarded funds and will act in kind, based upon our communications.

I will advise forum results of seller's performance and my impression of the gun when received
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2009, 11:40:12 AM »
Sounds like a plan!   :)     ;)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2009, 12:17:27 PM »
Fast pay makes fast friends.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »
Wow! With prices like that I might think of selling one of my two "Farmingdales". :-X
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2009, 01:43:15 PM »
Newt:

The gun I am getting is cf grip, two tone, low serial number and Deer Park.

The Holy Grail of R9s would have to be CF grip, one tone, Farmingdale gun; something I parted with and cannot get back.

Such is the fate of fools with money.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »
OK.....Don't know how to answer that.  Don't beat yourself up.  One may come along.  You got close.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »
Newt:

The Holy Grail of R9s would have to be CF grip, one tone, Farmingdale gun; something I parted with and cannot get back.

Yes I have two of these!
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Mort

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
Mine is a Farmingdale, CF, two tone, s/n 61x.  Anyone know when the two tone started, or how many "monotone" were produced?

Mort

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »
ACP, it's doable!  After 6 months of looking I found one today that is the Holy Grail to replace the one I still wish I had never sold.