Author Topic: FBI-CIA?  (Read 18980 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: FBI-CIA?
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2009, 08:12:50 PM »
I just called Noveske Rifleworks LLC. and got their answering machine.   They close at 3:00 P. M.  Missed them by an hour.
I'll try again on Monday.  I just looked at the videos on their website.  This thing is awesome.    :D    :D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2009, 08:18:17 AM »
Great, just when I took the pledge to stop buying guns. Now you have me thinking.

My guess is that these guys are small and may be the Rohrbaugh of the M16 format.

Let's face it: If the M16 rifle and 1911 pistol were the ONLY guns made, there would be dozens and dozens of variations available as is already the case.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2009, 08:52:31 AM »
I've never been interested in an AR 15 before, but this has caught my interest.  We'll see.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2009, 01:20:10 PM »
I trained with the M16 and have fond memories of full auto in the military; aka "Rock & Roll".

The M16 format has drawn much criticism in the past 40 plus years; (most recently from our combat troops owing to anemic stopping power of the 5.56MM), but the gun has an enviable legacy with military, law enforcement and civilian users, albeit its shortcomings.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2009, 01:31:34 PM »
Hmmm!!  Something to ponder.  Should I even want the 5.56 cartridge?  Have to do some more research.  

Offline LRHogFan

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2009, 04:13:55 PM »
I've been working on my first AR-15 build recently.  Acquired a Mega lower and have on order a Larue Tactical 12" stealth upper.  Sent in my ATF paperwork the other day and hopefully will get both in at about the same time.  My wife thinks that I have lost my mind.  Maybe I have?  

These things can get pretty costly by the time all is said and done.  You may start off with a mild build planned, but by the time you start adding optics and other accessories, you can get up there pretty quick.  

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »
I was very close to completing ATF paperwork for a 12" 870 Remington shotgun, last year, but I backed out. My state allows this type of purchase but I just did not want to go through the hassle and scrutiny.

Clearly, when you see these type of weapons (and you are a law abiding good guy) the temptation exists.

Good luck with your transaction